• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Steamboat Ski-meet-up Center

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Rodney Strong is always a great choice! :wine::wine:

You guys always know how to have fun! :thumb:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Always some good values to be had around the boat ... we sadly were "forced" to bring back a small stash of offerings. All within legal bootleg limits!

Reactions: Ron

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Couple more just for you powder folks, via wifey ... This on Hot Cakes which our kids took us lovingly through,

Hot Cakes, lower part (maybe Sundial?) typical: (oh my god! I think that's me on the lower left ... hiding in the tree making a round)

2017 Hot Cakes MJ.jpg

The Treewell .....

2017 Treewell Hot Cakes.jpg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
yesterday's lift lines were down-right reasonable for a holiday!

Surprisingly, I managed to avoid most of the long lines at Copper on Saturday. Heck @kimmyt's hubby and I skies straight on to Mountain Chief a few times and know the back side of the line to Sierra served us well.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Central Park liquors has a good selection and surprisingly good prices especially for a ski town

yeah, Putin just doesn't understand capitalism and competition .... :roflmao:

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
and of course, a few last tid bits ....

Jan 9 7.5" mid, 10" summit
Jan 10 9" mid, 9" summit
Jan 11 3.5" mid, 6" summit
Jan 12 3" mid, 6" summit
Jan 13 5" mid, 5" summit
Jan 14 ... 3 inches mid? forgot to nab a Grooming report

looking down into Tomahawk .... from around Sunshine

2017 Steamboat Tomhawk Jan 14.jpg

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
@Ron doing a much better job than me of documenting the trip. So awesome of him. Working on booking the summer fly fishing trip now. Finishing the Tin Cup I brought back in a ski boot from Central Park Liquor is helping the process, as is the reality that I have to catch a flight from atl to ord in 8 hrs. Not really breaking news, but reality sucks.
IMG_0007.JPG

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI,

if flying in and interested, found this on ColoradoSki:

Steamboat
Free Night Skiing

Steamboat offers free night skiing to guests on their day of arrival into Yampa Valley Regional Airport (HDN). Just show your boarding pass at the ticket window. Boarding passes for Tuesday or Wednesday arrivals are good for free night skiing on Thursday night. For more information visit https://www.steamboat.com/.

- See more at: http://blog.coloradoski.com/2017/01...mpaign=20170117-passport#sthash.puRS9dka.dpuf

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
should have been here today @Stephen @JeffB :D

But then I would have missed out on watching my airplane seat mate sleep soundly on his drool drenched tray table while exhaling a foul stench from his gaping maw for an hour and eighteen minutes. I timed it, you know, just to add to the fun.

Seriously, wish I were there and glad you had an awesome day -

Freaq

Pretends to be local
Skier
@Ron , had a great day yesterday. Sorry I missed you.....skied non-stop pow pow pow. Phone stayed in pocket where it belongs :)

Reactions: Ron

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
And I would have missed sitting next to the worst behaved 10yr olds I've ever met and getting stuck in Atlanta overnight due to weather. :doh:
Next time you're overnighting in Atlanta, PM me. I'm always good for a few drinks. See brown liquor list from my local watering hole which, for better or worse, is a mere 20 seconds from my office desk...

IMG_0856.JPG

Sponsor