• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Steamboat issues their season plans

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
So perhaps Alterra will require reservations in early December once they have a few weeks to test your inferred November 9 go live date. As @Ron says, they would unlikely announce we'd like to have reservations, but don't have the systems in place yet. So instead right now it's no reservations required at this time. Again, all pure speculation but it seems obvious that without some sort of skier cap that they can enforce, there is high potential for significant issues.
there's no one here prior to the week before XMAS. It will be pretty empty up until the 19th.
Yeah. My guess is Alterra is working on a reservation system and will try very hard to implement it before the December holiday period. But I am speculating when they say no reservations at this time they are working hard at getting a reservation system in place and launched. Because they leave themselves open to potential disaster if they don't have a good way to manage skier limits as it gets to peak season.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
totally agree, I really dont know what the plan is and we will have to see. I am intrigued by the time-based reservation system they alluded to. Fortunately, I wont be standing in Gondi Square on those peak days. :).

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online