• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Steamboat dining advice

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
My family is doing another Once In A Lifetime Spending Your Inheritance trip to Steamboat this year. After the last OIALSYI we decided that cooking or going out every night with little kids was too stressful. We're thinking we should get 2 or 3 nights of take out or (better) delivery.

What are the take out choices for simple kid friendly meals for 8 (mostly adults) in Steamboat? We're thinking pizza, barbecue, salads etc. We are staying in a condo on Ski Times Square Drive near the T Bar, and we have a car, so delivery is good but not necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help.

dm

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
ok, so thats an easy one! Yep all of the above are here. Here's a good start and I have left out all the chain stores

BBQ
Moes BBQ
Steamboat BBQ. (may still be closed from fire)
Double Z's BBQ
Pizza,
Blue Sage
Brick. (my personal favorite, its authentic Neapolitan pizza so dont expect a traditional American pizza)
Brooklyns
Mambo (Italian restaurant with excellent pizza)
BURGERs
Backdoor Burgers. you need to go here for big, messy greasy goodness. :).
Thia Food
Mai Thai (downtown)
Talay Thia (same owners, on Mountain)
Varied menu-
Rex's (in the holiday inn (on 40 on the south end)

Prepared food- Drunkin Onion. Really good prepared foods, killer rotisserie chickens too at 4pm

What else ya' looking for? Here's my Unofficial guide.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mazzola’s the bison lasagna is awesome; the Laundry is very good and Mahogany Ridge are also very good.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
^^^. I would not pick these for take out Laundry and Mazzolas are eat-in higher end restaurants. certainly nothing there for kids at Laundry mahogany ridge does have take out but its normally jammed from après skiing on so it would likely be a longer wait. hard to park there as well.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
my kids always liked the Slopeside, they have pizzas and are effectively on ski time where you're condo'ing. Course, we like to sit there after skiing or do a lunch there. Reasonable/cheap price in my book.

The Talay Thai Ron noted is walking distance, it's in the new Grand, walk to end of Ski Time (towards Warner Cir) and you're there.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fiesta Jalisco ....

I'd eat there, kids loved it. nice set up and wife loved it as it was a warm restaurant ...

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Slopeside is fine and very casual however again, at après ski time and later its so loud you will not be able to talk and hear.

TS
Dave Marshak

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Thanks for all the fast replies. Drunkin Onion looks like exactly what I want.

dm

Reactions: Ron
TS
Dave Marshak

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
you can also do take away from the T bar. their food is really good but you will be battling crowds.
I hadn't thought of take out from the T Bar. That's a good idea, we'll be right next door.

dm

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
A little late to the party since I've been skiing :), but just some thoughts for take out:

I don't know if your family likes Thai, but we absolutely LOVE Sumatera. It is off Lincoln.
My fave is Moe's for take-out barbecue.
I second taking out from T-bar. Great food.
My current pizza favorite is How Ya Doin, right by Moe's. Don't know if they deliver or not.
Final suggestion if you want to go out: take the family to Rex's. It's in the Holiday Inn (don't let that bother you). Great food and family atmosphere.

Enjoy!

aubergine

Putting on skis
Skier
We really liked

SaltLime
Joki

Oneils was solid too, but not as good as the above two

We had a bunch of kids and went over Xmas. Call ahead if you can....

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
O'neils is a great place for families. Its supposed to be an Irish pub but they serve a bit of everything and its decent pub food. Take away no so sure on that.

I haven't been to Joki yet but not sure kids will like a lot of Japanese food. We plan to hit that up soon.

Bobby Jeremy

Booting up
Skier
We really liked Los Locos in ski time square, not sure how they would handle big to-go orders though.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We did not find much in the way of delivery other than Steamboat Delivers which had a lot of restaurants.

Sponsor