• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic State of Mid-Atlantic Ski Areas 2019-20

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So what beer do you guys and gals like to drink after a day of bashing bumps to killing blue cruisers?

Serial question since I am make beer professionally now. Working on a ski area specific adult libation.

I’m a fan of Kolsch Ales and lighter Lagers.

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Whenever I am at Snowshoe I make sure to have an Almost Heaven Amber Ale from Mountain State brewing.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just in this AM...

Jack Frost and Big Boulder are now Epic.

The purchase was announced back in July, and was approved by the Vail shareholders a few days ago... and formally closed/announced yesterday. This is the deal that bought all the Peak Resorts - 17 of them, which are now Epic. In the Mid-Atlantic, this includes Jack Frost, Big Boulder, Whitetail, Roundtop, Liberty, and Hunter in NY (if you consider NY to be Mid-Atlantic).

I'm curious, with so many resorts coming on board, what type of investments if any Vail will make into these places.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The purchase was announced back in July, and was approved by the Vail shareholders a few days ago... and formally closed/announced yesterday. This is the deal that bought all the Peak Resorts - 17 of them, which are now Epic. In the Mid-Atlantic, this includes Jack Frost, Big Boulder, Whitetail, Roundtop, Liberty, and Hunter in NY (if you consider NY to be Mid-Atlantic).

I'm curious, with so many resorts coming on board, what type of investments if any Vail will make into these places.

What is new for locals is how management will change...some just found out this AM whether they are keeping their jobs or not. From a local perspective, it becomes more of an issue than the passes available. Apparently, there is now an eastern supervisor....which is probably a good thing for JFBB.

Last edited:

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier

I'm really hoping Vail puts a bit of money into Jack Frost's lodge. Although, it does have that whole retro vibe going on currently so there is that... might not want to mess with that excellence.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So what beer do you guys and gals like to drink after a day of bashing bumps to killing blue cruisers?

Serial question since I am make beer professionally now. Working on a ski area specific adult libation.
Women in our group like a nice Belgian wheat beer like Hoegaarden. I'm all over the map depending on my mood, but a crisp Pilsner can't be beat. I tend towards dry and hoppy beers.

Sponsor

Staff online