• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Starting Off The Mcp At Aspen - What Do I Need To Bring/do/know?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I expect that my first MCP destination will be Aspen. How does that work? Where do I go? What do I bring? Can I get it set up the prior afternoon? Do I need to go get a new ticket each day, and if so can I do that through the regular lift ticket office?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks in advance.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You need your MCP bar code on your receipt, either on paper or your phone and a photo id. They can do it at any ticket window -- I used the one in the Snowmass Mall. You can do it the afternoon before. It is an RFID card, and if you link a credit card for your 1/2 price days, you never need to go back to any ticket office.

You are at Snowmass Inn, right? The "mall" is not what I think of as a mall, it is an open-air thing. Go up the stairs across the street from your hotel and turn left, the ticket office is a couple of doors from the snowy end of the walkway.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
You need your MCP bar code on your receipt, either on paper or your phone and a photo id. They can do it at any ticket window -- I used the one in the Snowmass Mall. You can do it the afternoon before. It is an RFID card, and if you link a credit card for your 1/2 price days, you never need to go back to any ticket office.

You are at Snowmass Inn, right? The "mall" is not what I think of as a mall, it is an open-air thing. Go up the stairs across the street from your hotel and turn left, the ticket office is a couple of doors from the snowy end of the walkway.
Thanks! This sounds super handy.

I would still need the barcode if I go to any other MCP destinations, right?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. And some need it on paper -- Stowe for example. Many places you have to go to the season pass office rather than a ticket office, but not Aspen. They have their act together.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Yes. And some need it on paper -- Stowe for example. Many places you have to go to the season pass office rather than a ticket office, but not Aspen. They have their act together.

Correct but they ought to with what they charge:eek:

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
That I'd expect since they started the Mountain Collective.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A great thread would be what is required at each MCP resort.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

We were at Two Creeks at Snowmass the other day, and while they didn't need the paper part, they were unable to look up names in the computer and you definitely needed at least your own email/electronic copy handy. I picked my pass up earlier in the season, at Ajax, and I didn't even need that (they just found me in their computer), but it wasn't quite the same at the smaller Snowmass office. Not a big deal, just a heads up.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will say, I bet this is a total PITA for the people on the front line at the ticket windows because I seriously doubt they get much training on the MCP. Resorts see what percentage of people at the window with these? I would say significantly less than 3%.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I will say, I bet this is a total PITA for the people on the front line at the ticket windows because I seriously doubt they get much training on the MCP. Resorts see what percentage of people at the window with these? I would say significantly less than 3%.

Normally you go to the season pass office ... although some places have it all combined. It doesn't seem like too much of an issue for them, IME. Depends on the computer system, it seems ... some places are just slow.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
My plan is to print out the email I got. Um, was there physical paperwork that I need to dig up? I can't remember =/

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My plan is to print out the email I got. Um, was there physical paperwork that I need to dig up? I can't remember =/

No, that's all there is. They really just need the number, save a tree.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, Stowe is the only place I have been that needed paper. Everyone else (even Snowbird!) just scanned the barcode.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
A great thread would be what is required at each MCP resort.

If you go to the Mountian Collective wesite, login to your account, go to order history and then look below the barcode on left side - it looks like this:

How to Pick Up Your Tickets
po_inst_one.gif
You may use your mobile device or a printout to redeem your ticket. We have also emailed this page to you, and you can access it at any time through your account. Your order confirmation is REQUIRED at pickup for this product.
po_inst_two.gif
Bring your mobile device or a printout of this page and photo IDs to the pickup location. Children do not need to bring photo IDs.
po_inst_three.gif
You'll need to follow a few quick steps at each resort to pick up your pass.

ALTA: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode and a photo ID to the Season Pass Office or any ticket window. 2015-2016 passes can be picked up after 11/09/15.

SNOWBIRD: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode and a photo ID to the Season Pass Office, or any ticket window. Anyone under 18 will need to be accompanied by a guardian (to sign a release form). Additional questions please call (801) 933-2200 upload_2016-1-22_15-18-22.png . 2015-2016 passes can be picked up after 11/21/2015.

ASPEN: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation and a photo ID to any open ticket window at Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands or Buttermilk. 2015-2016 passes can be picked up after 8/18/15.

BANFF: Visit the Banff Ski Hub at 119 Banff Avenue and show your purchase confirmation and photo ID any time after 10/16/2015. Alternatively, your Mountain Collective pass will also be available by presenting your documentation at the guest services area at either Sunshine Village or the Lake Louise Ski Resort. Additional questions call 1-844-762-7190 upload_2016-1-22_15-18-22.png . 2015-16 passes can be picked up after 10/16/2015.

HAKUBA: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode on your smartphone along with a photo ID to one of the designated information centers in the Hakuba Valley, located at Happo Information Center, Hakuba Goryu Escal Plaza, Hakuba Cortina (ticket office adjacent to the Green Plaza Hotel), and Kashimayari Snow Resort at Camp 1 (ticket center on Nakatsuna Slope). Mountain Collective Passholders will receive a two day Hakuba Valley ticket which is valid at all Hakuba Valley Resorts. For additional information about Hakuba Valley Resorts, go to http://www.hakubavalley.jp/ Hakuba winter season dates are from November, 2015 to May, 2016.

JACKSON: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode on your smartphone along with a photo ID to the Season Pass Office. 2015-2016 passes can be picked up after 11/1/2015.

MAMMOTH: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode and a photo ID to any ticket window at the following locations: Main Lodge, Canyon Lodge, Eagle Lodge and Mountain Center. 2015-2016 passes can be picked up after 11/5/15.

SQUAW: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode along with a photo ID to the Season Pass Office. 2015-2016 passes can be picked up after 10/1/15.

ALPINE MEADOWS: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode along with a photo ID to the Season Pass Office. 2015-2016 passes can be picked up after 12/1/15. For additional questions about Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows, please call 800-403-0206 upload_2016-1-22_15-18-22.png .

STOWE: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation and a photo ID to the Season Pass Desk located at Spruce Camp Base Lodge. You will need the Evolution Stowe Card (ESC) to access the mountains. An ESC can be purchased online or on-mountain for a $5.00 one-time fee. For more information call 888.253.4849 upload_2016-1-22_15-18-22.png

SUN VALLEY: Please bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode on your smartphone along with a photo ID to the River Run Season Pass Office after 11/1/15. For more information, email [email protected] or call 888.490.5950 upload_2016-1-22_15-18-22.png . Sun Valley passes are valid for 2015-2016 season only.

TAOS: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode on your smartphone along with a photo ID to the Season Pass Office. 2015-2016 passes can be picked up starting November 26, 2015.

THREDBO: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation and a photo ID to Thredbo Guest Services at Valley Terminal, Friday Flat or Jindabyne. For additional information about Thredbo Resort, go to thredbo.com.au or please call 612 6459 4151.

WHISTLER: Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode along with a photo ID to any guest relations office. Check-in with us ahead of time at: www.whistlerblackcomb.com/collective to find out how to save time when you pick up your pass. 2015-2016 passes can be picked up after 10/1/2015.

That said - I always have the barcode printout in my pocket.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, even though this is official it is not really accurate. " Bring a printout" should really be the Snowbird verbiage, "Bring a printout of your purchase confirmation or present the message with voucher barcode" at most places. The ticket vs season pass office distinction looks pretty much in accord with reality, though.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier

^this. Most places treat like "'oh, one of those, huh?"

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
My rating of the whole process at the 4 places I redeemed is as follows

Aspen (Snowmass) = Great Show the voucher via whatever means you decide, get ticket and done.

Alta = OK Ticket window but last year they had to login to a separate data base so took a couple minutes.

Jackson = Low end of OK or upper end of not good as you had to go to separate computer in the pass office to digitaly sign some sort of waiver then return to the counter for your pass.

Snowbird = Sucked Took a huddle of 4 people and 15 minutes for them to figure it out (season before last).

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I emailed Sun Valley prior to our visit and was told it didn't have to be Season Pass office as stated on MC site, it could be any ticket window. Given that it was cold the days we were there, I went to a desk inside the River Run Lodge and it was easy.

Sponsor

Staff online