• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

STAR ankle replacement

LabMan

No Turns
Skier
I hope this will help some people. I severely fractured R ankle (Tib & Fib) that also included a massive dislocation in January 2005. That being said, many issues went the wrong way and after 12 years of complete disintegration of all cartilage and soft tissue the bone on bone result left me nearly crippled and unable to ski or play golf last fall.

On October 2nd I went into the hospital to have a complete ankle replacement with the STAR ankle replacement joint. On February 3rd, 2018 I was skiing at our little hill near Columbus OH. Can I say LIFE CHANGING!? Two weeks later my wife and I headed to Snowshoe, WV and I skied both the Cupp & Shay's Revenge trails balls out with ZERO pain. Of course my ortho surgeon wouldn't like me saying that as he wants a slower and steadier skier (never has been nor will be me) due to possibly wearing out the replacement joint sooner than it should.

I have been given a totally new lease on life, most days no pain and my two greatest passions skiing & golf (both into my 53rd year of participation) are back on the table.

IF you are wondering what this surgery can do for you, by all means JUST DO IT! Contact me if you wish and good luck. By the way, I plan on skiing until the day I die and I am 62 years young!

LabMan

Skidad63

Booting up
Skier
That’s good to hear, I’m not the only one skiing on the Star replacement. I had my surgery in Oct of 16, was back on skis by March of 17. I skied 20 + days on it last season. I’m out this season due to a knee replacement, and a back procedure. Glad to hear your ankle is holding up well.

TS
LabMan

LabMan

No Turns
Skier
That’s good to hear, I’m not the only one skiing on the Star replacement. I had my surgery in Oct of 16, was back on skis by March of 17. I skied 20 + days on it last season. I’m out this season due to a knee replacement, and a back procedure. Glad to hear your ankle is holding up well.
Just a quick follow-up Skidad63, we were in Tahoe and skied with Phil & Andy at Squaw end of January......great trip. Headed to UT on the 31st for 5 days. Ankle is great! Best to you on your other surgeries and heal well!

Sponsor