• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 9.23.32 AM.png
This comparison wasn't on my radar initially, but it was brought up by a few members who were considering both. So, how do these smaller, specialty brands stack up with their offerings of similar dimensions? Well, let's check 'em out.

We will start with the golden one, the Stöckli Laser AX. This ski has been a darling of Pugski since well before Pugski, going back to the Epic days. The list of accolades thrown at the AX is almost endless. "It's made with baby seal pelts," "It ooooozes refinement," "It's the best ski I have ever owned" -- the list goes on. Every single praise is well earned. To paraphrase Ferris Bueller, if you have the means, I highly recommend owning them. Have you read any reviews that were not positive? The worst might be, “Yeah it was good, but not worth $1K.” Well, go back to your van by the river and pop open another tall boy.

The new kid on the block (aka the 15-year overnight success on the block) is Liberty’s new offering, the V-Series V76. Yes, Liberty comes from a different background than Stöckli. It doesn't have the (what seems like) centuries of storied history, no. It is just a few guys from the Aspen area who have one of the most modern ski building facilities in China; yes, we are in a global economy. The V-Series (specifically the V76) immediately caught our attention at the trade show last year; just looking at the ski and flexing it, we knew it was a winner. Rarely do I track down the people in charge and tell them, We can give this ski the support it deserves. Since then everyone else has jumped on the bandwagon. As John McClane said, “Welcome to the party, pal.”
  • Why choose the Laser AX? You like perfection. This is a ski that can play scratch golf, never miss a Jay Ward film festival, cook a gourmet meal at the drop of a hat, and enjoy a good beer with friends.
  • Why choose the V-Series V76? You are a trailblazer, not a follower … and you trust us. Yes, we are creating some hype, but can every single Pugski reviewer be wrong?
  • Insider tip: Ladies, don't fret: the AX is available in smaller sizes, and Liberty will soon be coming out with a ladies' VMT collection.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Um....OK Phil. You did a good job of telling the history and id'ing the buyer profile.
But I don't care about history, my own profile, or how I want to look like to others.

I want to know: what are the differences in performance/feel/abilities of the skis????
Descriptions, comparison/contrasts, nuances PLEASE.

Sponsor

Staff online