• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

onstar1

Booting up
Skier
Im thinking about going to Squaw after April 9th with the IKON pass. Ill be traveling from NY. Whats the historic temperature in Tahoe during April? and will the Miracle March extend to April?

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Slopes will be open. Historical temp is 54degrees. Nobody knows. "Spring" conditions have not kicked in but you are always better off sooner rather than later.
BA on opensnow says he sees a possible storm 5th to the 8th. but it could be a warm storm just like the last one.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It will be warm and the skiing will be good.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Squaw been skiing pretty well the past week.

$59 per day sounds pretty good to me but I don't keep track of the daily prices to really know.
Another thought, why not put the $236 towards a Ikon base pass for next year and get free spring skiing for this season.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
On similar topic, we arrive in Tahoe in a week's time. Looking at Squaw as the best alround option. What are people's thoughts on focusing there, for (say) 4 - 5 days skiing, and are these good value? http://squawalpine.com/tickets-pass...ne_ts4-1718_TS4:Upper_NonBrand-Search_Blended

Where are you staying?
If your not going to go with an ikon pass that's your best bet. Both squaw and alpine will be open to do 2 days each. If your around on a Tuesday you can do two 4 Tuesday deal at Mt rose or if you have women in your group ladies day Thursday to save some $$ on a 5th day

Astrocat

Booting up
Skier
Thanks Grump and Eric .. Grump, we are from NZ so probably wont get the value from an Ikon - sadly!
Eric - we are staying at Tahoe (Hyatt) so I am told there is bus transport to Squaw? I have just messaged them to ask. I am a woman :) so that extra day might be handy as well!
Any further feedback most welcome. I am bringing helmet and boots but will hire skis there. Yeeha.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hyatt (incline village?)is a very poor choice of lodging as the season is winding up if you do not have your own transportation.
it is over an hour to squaw. and more if its a shuttle. This will be a huge frustration on your holiday and eat up lots of time
If thr majority of your days is skiing, I would suggest to you to cancel your hyatt lodging even if you have to forfeit a significant amount of money.

Then book something in squaw village where you dont need transportation.
There are quite a few booking deals and special offers. some maybe ski and stay options but may or maynot be better than the super4pack. First identify the lodging options in the village you can use tripadvisor there are only 4 or 5. Then for best price you may need to look directly on each options directly on their individual websites as they have direct book special spring offers, and also via squaw website, in addition to your favorite online booking site.

Resort at squaw creek is as posh as hyatt incline and has midweek discounts if you book directly through them.

Fyi search and booking engines have trouble locating squaw valley . sometimes you may need to enter in olympic valley,ca . Or truckee, ca then filter for name using "squaw"

Last edited:

Astrocat

Booting up
Skier
Cheers and I do appreciate the advice Ray. However the basic purpose of the trip is work related for my husband, and any skiing for me is an add on.. He has to be at the Hyatt , so while he works, I thought I would ski! I realise the travel is going to be a bit of a pain but hey the scenery is all new to me so I'll just make the best of it and look out the window, or snooze ha ha.

Sponsor