• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Squaw Best Ski Resort 2016

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Marketìng?
Targhee, Alta and Taos have bigger marketing budgets than Jackson or Snowbird? :huh:

Also, note, NO Vail resorts! No Vail, no Park City/Canyons?

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Targhee, Alta and Taos have bigger marketing budgets than Jackson or Snowbird? :huh:

Also, note, NO Vail resorts! No Vail, no Park City/Canyons?
I just compiled my own top 10 list of most credible news publications. Let me check and see if USA Today is on it… Um… Nope.

Wait let me check honorable mentions.…Um... still no.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Ahh, the well known "popular vote!" Kind of hard to imagine a list without JHMR, Snowbird, and Vail. My kids know 3 of the 4 experts, and they put together an interesting list of 20, as well. Bridger Bowl, and Baker? At least these things, in the mainstream press {or on their sites} do get people reading about, thinking about and talking about skiing.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Are any of the 20 nominees owned by the big ski area conglomerate?

Xela

On the way to Squaw
Skier
Should have been at Squaw on Thursday 2/18/2016. Only ran three lifts and only starting at 1:30. I love Squaw, but I just don't see it as the big destination place for family vacation skiers from afar. It's too bottlenecked in the base area. I've said this before, but they need a way to get intermediates over to Shirley before the upper mountain is fully mitigated. Similar story for wind holds.

Muleski

Inactive
Are any of the 20 nominees owned by the big ski area conglomerate?

Looks like just Park City, as a nominee. You'd think that with Vail's Abby Ghent in the group of four "experts", at least Vail would have made that list. You have four twenty somethings, and Vail is considered the evil empire. Foolish. Probably the biggest draw for non-US visitors. Unquestionable top 10, globally.

I have to really chuckle at this list. As others have noted, no Jackson Hole, no Snowbird? Grand Targhee, and Mt. Bachelor. Pretty sure it has to do with how they compile the public "vote". I think one person can vote every 24 hours. Or more specifically one phone, or one laptop, or tablet. They had a similar poll for ski bars, and one of my friend's son's was "voting" through a number of work friends every day......casting over one hundred votes a day.

Kind of flawed!!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Well, they put Stowe on the list, so it's obviously legitimate.

:duck:

If I were to choose a resort with a 130 inches YTD snow total Id choose stowe every time:P.

Sponsor

Staff online