• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Spyder Dare Tailored Mens Pants and Knee Braces

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
Don't fit over knee braces very well. Great pant otherwise because it isn't baggy and flapping around.

I also like that it comes in short, not that I'm short, but I hate dragging cuffs through mud. Why are ski pants like that? You hardly ever see them rise off the boot .

I think I do best with one or two layers of long underwear > knee brace > shell with zips.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Don't fit over knee braces very well. Great pant otherwise because it isn't baggy and flapping around.

I also like that it comes in short, not that I'm short, but I hate dragging cuffs through mud. Why are ski pants like that? You hardly ever see them rise off the boot .

I think I do best with one or two layers of long underwear > knee brace > shell with zips.
:golfclap: Preach!

I bought about 8 pairs of men's large pants online pretty cheap over the summer, but at least two are way too tight in my 32-34" waist but ridiculously long for my 30" inseam. I could drop 10 pounds and wear them but they'd still be dragging and catching my ski brakes. Back when I smoked and weighed 130 I was a solid medium. Now I'm a large+ at 170 but too short for XL at 5'9"

We need a line of clothes for "the dad bod" hahaha!

TS
Frankly

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
Yeah I probably wear my pants lower as I get older but I remember when all the elderly men used to have their pants up just below their chest.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Here's a tip for us "dad bod" guys: I'm 5'8", 180 lbs. Most men's size large that fit my waist are too long in the inseam unless I find a "short", which is rare as hen's teeth. What I have found is that women's XL is just about a perfect fit. I found this out by accident from trying on a pair that my wife got that were too big for her (Northface). With the recent warm weather here I decided I needed a new pair of shell pants, found a pair of Marmot Spire pants in a nice "light navy" color and they have full side zips which I like because I wear knee supports when I ski and they are a PIA to put on if you don't have zips that at least go up to the knee. The frosting on the cake was they were 1/2 price!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, 5'/9", 170 lb, 30" inseam. What are you? Must be a swim suit model with legs that goes all the way up to there.

Try the short and fat men shop like I do.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just went in on these in size MS. Looking to next weekend when I can try them out. Don't use a knee brace though :)