• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Spring Walleye season is here

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Wisconsin Walleye season is here. Hoping to get out more than I did last year. Which was about 5 times. My oldest daughter schooled me last year, hoping to do better this year.

When one gets really bored, you can stare at camera in the water. During busy time, though it is quite fun to watch all the fish, now it is basically sand.

http://www.wolfrivercam.com/wrc2018c_002.htm

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love fishing for walleyes -- love eating them even more.
As a native midwesterner, it surprised me to learn that in the west (we were in MT), walleyes are considered an invasive pest and NOT beloved.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I miss having time to walleye fish. When I was new to the West I couldn’t believe the local guys poo-pooed 5 pounders. Out here they gotta top 10 pounds to get a second glance.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well don't go fishing anywhere near those cameras, I haven't seen a thing.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Well don't go fishing anywhere near those cameras, I haven't seen a thing.
ha, lots of suckers. But pre spawn they are on the move all the time. Water temps are getting ideal for spawning, 40ish degrees. I will be on the river all day Friday.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
How about a Sturgeon?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Minnesota walleye is the best tasting fish I've ever caught and eaten. Southern fried catfish is pretty good too, but walleye is better.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Minnesota walleye is the best tasting fish I've ever caught and eaten. Southern fried catfish is pretty good too, but walleye is better.

Totally agree. Lived a while in MN during early elementary school days and still remember how good was the walleye. That was over 40 years ago. A friend had some frozen sent out west a year or so ago, we thawed and fried them. Wow, rather that than the local Pacific fish.

Been playing with fantasies of ordering 15# just to have fish fry.

Sponsor

Staff online