• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
I will be going to Whistler the first week of April this year. Before I spend $1000 on lift tickets for my family (Ugh), I have some questions. I did not purchase an Epic pass this year, but I am planning to pick one up for next season now that my local hill is part of the Vail's Empire . I believe next year's passes go on sale in late March? If you purchase it then, do they allow you to use it for the remainder of the current season.

Thanks

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I am only aware of one deal you can get in late season. Conditions:

-You cannot have a current epic pass
-You must buy an epic local or full epic pass for 2020/21
-You are skiing late season (Last season, it was any time after March ~26)

They will apply the price of one lift ticket to the purchase of an epic (local) pass for next season. You have to pay in full for next season's pass. So basically you get 1 day free late season if you are buying a pass for next season and don't currently have an epic pass. This deal is 'ok' if you are planning on getting epic for next year anyway.

If they hold to current policy, the pass for 2020/21 does not work for spring skiing in 2020.

Edit to add - you buy the day lift ticket first. Later, you get that money off as a discount on the new epic. So say you ski Whistler and buy a 3 day lift ticket at $300. You can later buy an epic pass with a discount of $100 off. You must also show up and ski one of those days to get the discount.

TS
Miller

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
Edit to add - you buy the day lift ticket first. Later, you get that money off as a discount on the new epic. So say you ski Whistler and buy a 3 day lift ticket at $300. You can later buy an epic pass with a discount of $100 off. You must also show up and ski one of those days to get the discount.

Thanks. This is super helpful. I am planning to buy tickets soon to get as much of a discount as possible.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Thanks. This is super helpful. I am planning to buy tickets soon to get as much of a discount as possible.

Not so fast... here's the link from last year:

It's called 'turn in your ticket'. For last year, you had to buy the ticket AFTER Mar 5.

I have no idea if they will continue this promotion for this season.

TS
Miller

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
Not so fast... here's the link from last year:

It's called 'turn in your ticket'. For last year, you had to buy the ticket AFTER Mar 5.

I have no idea if they will continue this promotion for this season.

Okay. Thanks again.

Sponsor