• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jtlange

Getting off the lift
Skier
So what are options for late season skiing? Do A-Basin or Loveland usually offer some sort of late season pass?

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't know about A-Basin or Loveland.

In the past, I have bought Spring passes at Snowbird and Bachelor. I no longer do so at Snowbird because of rising costs and fewer open lifts than in previous years (I don't really care for the tram). Last year I got a senior spring pass at Bachelor for $130.

This is probably not really relevant to your question due to distance from Denver.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Stamboat had a April pass, not sure if there are any left.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
In the past, I have bought Spring passes at Snowbird and Bachelor. I no longer do so at Snowbird because of rising costs and fewer open lifts than in previous years (I don't really care for the tram).

We were scheduled to move over to the bird at the beginning of March. Banking on the March spring pass. Had lodging booked for both March & April. Mamie had inquired with Snowbird pass sales since early January regarding the March pass. Pass sales came back and claim they never had a March pass. Mamie forwarded materials on their March pass promotions from years passed. They then said, they are not offering one this year. All this is in emails, so none of this he said, she said stuff.
Subsequently, Snowbird offered a March pass for $579 on March 01. Needless to say, Mamie is pissed off after she cancelled all the lodging.
They may call that JIT (Just In Time). In my book, that is DLDS (Day Late Dollar Short). It appears that the concept of advanced planning is too advanced a concept for the Sales and Marketing folks at the Bird. Perhaps a more optimal date for them to release their March spring pass would be April 01.
I guess you can take Cumming out of Park City, but you can't take the Park City crap of Cumming.

Anyway, while the Bird is dicking around, Alterra has quietly ate their lunch. Mamie has evened the score with our purchase of the new Ikon pass which enable us to ski April and May with next year's pass.
Squaw and Mammoth, here we come.

Looks like next year will be the MOART (Mother Of All Road Trip) that will dwarf our 2015 MAX pass road trip of 13 resorts and 14K miles.

One door closes, another door opens.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Abasin and Loveland usually offer buy next years season pass, ski free the rest of the spring. I don't recall any unlimited spring skiing passes, but admittedly haven't been following it super closely either.

TS
Jtlange

Jtlange

Getting off the lift
Skier
Thanks guys. I guess we will see what the spring brings! Hopefully more snow....

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A-basin has sold a remainder of spring pass. Usually maybe just ~$100 less than the rest of this year and next year. You could upgrade by paying the difference before the end of the season.

The big variable is when A-basin starts selling them. It's been anywhere between the last week of March to the first week of May. Keeps you guessing.

For Loveland, there are always transferable four-pack tickets on Craigslist. ~$50 now will drop throughout April.

Sponsor

Staff online