• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Spring jacket with pit zips

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I have a North Face 3/1 with zip pits and it can be mix and match the way you want. The outer shell has the zip pits not the zip in and zip out liner. I got mine for around $100 but the shop was going out of business.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Rain-Jacket-Reviews

not sure if useful ...

how about a 3 way system jacket? lots of shell/liner combo's out there. That's about all we buy as to have options come late fall and early spring ...

Pretty much suggest these for my kids, spouse. They have Solomon's and Marker .. I'm cheap but happy with Columbia ... pitted zips on all.

Of course, this true of pants ...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am looking for a spring weight (or shell) jacket with pit zips.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi Paul,

I have two different styles that fit your criteria. The Antero 2+ and Antero 3. They are both made from Polartec Neoshell which is a 3-layer hardshell laminate. Easy to use with a gloved hand and with a pack on pit zips. Two-way main zip for venting and easy access. Non-elastic cuffs for venting as well. The Antero 2+ has a taller collar that isn't attached to the hood. Both jackets have giant hoods that easily pass over the helmet.

You can see everything at WWW.FREERIDESYSTEMS.COM Let me know if you have any questions. There is a discount code in my signature or you can participate in the Threads for Shreds program. We will take a trade in jacket from you and apply a discount to your new jacket. Typically the trades ins are valued from $150-$250. We make everything in Colorado and stand behind our work.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Hi Paul,

I have two different styles that fit your criteria. The Antero 2+ and Antero 3. They are both made from Polartec Neoshell which is a 3-layer hardshell laminate. Easy to use with a gloved hand and with a pack on pit zips. Two-way main zip for venting and easy access. Non-elastic cuffs for venting as well. The Antero 2+ has a taller collar that isn't attached to the hood. Both jackets have giant hoods that easily pass over the helmet.

You can see everything at WWW.FREERIDESYSTEMS.COM Let me know if you have any questions. There is a discount code in my signature or you can participate in the Threads for Shreds program. We will take a trade in jacket from you and apply a discount to your new jacket. Typically the trades ins are valued from $150-$250. We make everything in Colorado and stand behind our work.

Maybe I'm missing something on your website. But are the features of your jackets listed anywhere? Things like, how many internal pockets or powder skirts? Or, are they just just the shell?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I'll take some pics and post up. No powder skirts- they are useless and just add weight

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'll take some pics and post up. No powder skirts- they are useless and just add weight
Powder skirts are great for skiing on cold and windy days as they keep the heat inside the coat. There are plenty of light jackets with zip out powder skirts. For strictly spring skiing they are not needed.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Powder skirts are great for skiing on cold and windy days as they keep the heat inside the coat. There are plenty of light jackets with zip out powder skirts. For strictly spring skiing they are not needed.

lets just call it a matter of preference then :pug: I prefer to ski in a longer cut jacket and just use the cinch pulls which do the same.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
as an owner of both a neoshell jacket(strafe cham) and nice soft Shell. Flylow higgins heck I have owned higgins for 5 years now.

Neoshell is easily the most breathable truly water proof fabric on the planet, but its still is not as breathable as my higgins. If its not wet enough to get though the higgins I vastly prefer the higgins in any temperature to my Strafe.

Last edited:

Sponsor