• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Spring gloves

MJA

Booting up
Skier
Any recommendations for spring / warm weather gloves? Looking for something to wear when the temps are in the upper 30s or higher. Ideally a quality leather palm, a little bit of insulation, good breathability, and a low profile under the sleeve cuff. Big plus if they’ve got wrist leashes... I am clumsy and drop stuff in daily life, never mind on the lift.

I’ve got a pair of hestras for very cold and another for normal ski temps and I love both of them. Hestra has a pair of spring gloves called the vernums that are pretty nice but don’t quite fit right and are pricey for spring gloves ($80). FTP also has a spring model but I tried another pair of FTPs and they didn’t fit at all, fingers were way too long (sidenote - I was very impressed by the quality of the FTP gloves for the price).

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When the weather gets really warm, I switch to work gloves. They come in all different weights and materials. I like unlined goat skin. Elk skin are pretty good also.
Some of the synthetic gloves are also good alternatives. Some of them even offer impact protection. I like the fit of the Mechanix brand.

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
I like soft shell cycling gloves for this purpose. They're designed to be tough, have good grip, and breath well. Pearl Izumi are my favorites, and I have some Specialized that are decent too.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Golf rain gloves, they come in pairs. Cheap. Dry quick. Good grip. They just live in the boot bag.

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
I've got the original FTP short cuff, the new SX short cuff and the Spring gloves, XL in each. The spring gloves do have shorter fingers that the newer SX short cuffs.

James

Out There
Instructor
Hestra Jon Olsson
Has leash.
IMG_5826.JPG

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
@James those are nice. I used to use Nordic gloves then Marker came out with some spring gloves that used to be great but I lost mine. I have a pair of the FTP spring gloves now which seem pretty good.

James

Out There
Instructor
@James those are nice. I used to use Nordic gloves then Marker came out with some spring gloves that used to be great but I lost mine. I have a pair of the FTP spring gloves now which seem pretty good.
They're very nice. One needs to get them on spring sale. They're really for not real warm spring days. You can clip them on the bag with the hook to dry.

I think Marker stopped making their classic black one. They have a black with red/white one. They do make a touring one in white/red.
IMG_5828.JPG

Touring

IMG_5829.JPG

Spring

headybrew

surrender to the flow
Skier

Sponsor