• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

eBike Specialized Turbo Creo

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Let the fighting begin. I ordered mine already.

CREO

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 7.43.35 AM.png

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are we seeing more 1x on road bikes or just in e applications?

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I was just reading about that. Prices starting at $9,000? Up to $17,000?

As Wayne says on Letterkenny, "That'll be a hard no".

Cause no one would spend $9k on a road bike.;) I just sold one on Monday and there was no motor involved. Though the customer did sell his motorcycle to fund his S-Works purchase.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Cause no one would spend $9k on a road bike.;) I just sold one on Monday and there was no motor involved. Though the customer did sell his motorcycle to fund his S-Works purchase.
I think there are a few member/readers here who have road and/or mountain bikes that retail in the $10K range.

Reactions: Ron

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Not sure why starting at matters...a $9k bike is still 9 friggin K...well out of my range. ;)

Humm. I need it and only need one kidney and got two.... humm :roflmao:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
A 9 k bike is 4.5k if you work at the shop, but since you work at the shop you still can not afford it :P

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was just reading about that. Prices starting at $9,000? Up to $17,000?

Ouch! But no surprise to me, since S has never been shy about charging for their top of the line bikes.

Are we seeing more 1x on road bikes or just in e applications?

No. In fact, this was one of the criticisms I read in an early review. Not enough gear for a bike that keeps providing assist up to 28 mph.

The other main point was that S uses software that provides pretty soft assist until you reach higher (unspecified) cadences. S indicated that they have had to "retrain" some of their dealers and customers on using higher cadences.

?!?!

Hi, I'm here to spend $9k on a bike. Does that include my retraining?

Sorry, a little snarky. Honestly, I expect S to quickly tweak the software to provide more of the boost at lower cadences.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
If you are running out of gears anyway, maybe you should work on the cadence. Maybe put on really short cranks to make that easier.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not that good of a road rider and have passed several on sworks on my comp/expert roubaix.
That said, I've been passed by younger/stronger on allez and secteurs - aluminum framed version to my carbon frame.
I do like the vibration dampening of the carbon frame ... Numb hands otherwise.
Not sure what another 8K will give me in a "better" ride. Doubt it, by itself, will improve my conditioning.

OTOH... If you've got it, you can't take it with you when....but, there's probably better uses for those dollars... But that's my personal value system...

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
I'm not that good of a road rider and have passed several on sworks on my comp/expert roubaix.
That said, I've been passed by younger/stronger on allez and secteurs - aluminum framed version to my carbon frame.
I do like the vibration dampening of the carbon frame ... Numb hands otherwise.
Not sure what another 8K will give me in a "better" ride. Doubt it, by itself, will improve my conditioning.

OTOH... If you've got it, you can't take it with you when....but, there's probably better uses for those dollars... But that's my personal value system...

Working on the motor is where it is at. However don't be too stoked about passing others on S-Works bikes. You have no idea what their training objectives are for that day.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
However don't be too stoked about passing others on S-Works bikes. You have no idea what their training objectives are for that day.

That's kinda what I thought... One guy didn't even seem warmed up, so lazy start of a lazy day?!? Another, just tooling along, just at slow pace. FWIW ... I'm always surprised if I pass someone, especially if they appear to be younger, fitter.
I'm riding against myself usually, and time/strava tells me I'm starting to lose ;(

Sponsor

Staff online