• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Southeast Ski Conditions

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Well it's starting to get ugly here in the Southeast. All the North Carolina resorts are getting hammered with rain and warm temps and cold weather is still a week away. We've already had Wolf Ridge close till colder weather comes back and I wouldn't be surprised tosee some other follow suit.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Ugh... I haven't had a single Mid-A day yet myself. I think I have 4 by this time last year. Hope we have a very cold February.

TS
Carolinacub

Carolinacub

Skier
well it looks like the weather is taking a turn for the better going into this weekend. Last report says 72 hours of snowmaking capabilities. Here in the Carolinas and in Tennessee it's been brutal, a couple resorts closing and everyone waiting with baited breath for cold temps. We should be up and running again this weekend.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
@Carolinacub how was the weekend? We ran the South Mountains trail half marathon on Sunday, was a bit rainy and tons of ice coming down out of and sometimes with the trees. They cut about 3 miles off it due to the stairs being iced over, which was fine by me :). Want to get back up there for a ski this season, hopeful we get some consistent cold weather so some snow can be put back down.

TS
Carolinacub

Carolinacub

Skier
Only had the bottom half of the mountain open but it was pretty good, The owner did a good job of getting the place ready. When you think of snow conditions you think "fresh powder", "corn snow, "boilerplate" etc. what we had was affectionately called "freshly ground". Orville was blowing snow this morning and we have a couple decent snow making days coming up so we should be open to the top for MLK weekend and right after that we have a strong cold spell coming in so we should be in pretty good shape starting the weekend of the 26th. I'm scheduled that weekend so if you want to come up just let me know.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid