• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Something to replace my Rustler 9 for next year

Scott Martin

Booting up
Skier
I've been using the Renoun endurance 98s for the last couple of months. I've had ~10 resort days and ~15 BC days on it. I can't imagine a better mid-fat ski for 50/50 use. It's light and so easy to pivot, while also being crazy stable when letting them run and in crud(it's as stable as my Brahmas, though with less pop). It's a crazy ski, it defies the usual tradeoff between weight and stability. It's not a perfect ski, the HDT that gives you that crazy speed dependent feel also inhibits rebound ('pop', 'energy'). It feels very different. I still do masters racing, at high speeds I can pressure the Renouns more than my GS ski. I can still remember the first time I tried to overpower it, I could not believe how stiff it was, I simply couldn't blow it out. With similar pressure my GS ski would catapult me at the end of the turn, the Renoun barely rebounds at all. That's not necessarily a bad thing (and in some circumstances I think its advantageous, i.e. moguls), but it's unlike anything I've felt before so it takes some adjustment.

TS
firebanex

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The Renouns have been treating me extremely well so far, they are exactly the kind of ski I wanted for this quiver slot. The price hurt a little, but they had a 20% sale at the time and I'm glad they are exactly what I thought they would be. I've got a pair of attack 14at bindings floating around that still need a pair of skis so I'm still looking to pick up a pair of something for them to go on next year. Possibilities are the Ranger 94fr, Enforcer 104fr, or maybe go crazy and get a Blizzard Spur for some asymmetrical weirdness.

Sponsor

Staff online