• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Some guys have all the luck Some guys have all the pain Some guys get all the breaks Some guys do nothing but complain

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Made by a tractor company; next time buy a real automobile.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Morse (and its sequel Lewis) isn't depressive - just a unrealistic representation of the murder rate in a provincial English city.
The Chief Constable in Oxford, IIRC, joked about Morse and Lewis saying that they solved 10 murders a year in Oxford, whereas Oxford itself tended to have only 1 murder every 10 years. Something very similar (I can't find the exact quote now).

TS
neonorchid

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ferrari-F40-Crash-Australia-2020.jpg

EdGvuCjWAAAvzzf.jpg

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Made by a tractor company; next time buy a real automobile.
Haha- while I am not a Lambo fan, I think that type of statement could be made for a lot of auto companies, (that many made things before getting into the car biz...) a few come to mind: Ducati made radios, BMW for aircraft, Opel made sewing machines and bikes, Peugeot made coffee mills, salt and pepper grinders, Hyundai made construction materials, Skoda was a bookseller that started made bikes, and Toyota made looms for textiles before jumping into cars, Suzuki made silk weaving looms, and Mazda made industrial tools.
That's just a snapshot, and I know your post was mostly in jest, but it's pretty cool to see what these companies were doing before the car came along.

Sponsor

Staff online