• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Solomon Shift alternative ready for prime time 2020 - -

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
toepiece / 25mm lateral elasticity, turntable heel / 12mm "sideways" elasticity, adjustable width ski brake, a little over 1300g total weight per ...

James

Out There
Instructor
Very interesting. I believe we had something on epic about this. Crowd funded? Wish tbeir site had English.

TS
neonorchid

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^ I remember that but don't recall the pivot heal peice.

Will say it appears to have a high stack height on par with a Marker or Tyrolia frame binding.

TS
neonorchid

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
interdasting
I'd hope BAM would be interesting to more than an imbecile:D ... although, the high stack height and "1300g per unit total per one ski" :eek: ... :roflmao:

IDK, maybe they'll sell the patents to a major who can refine the concept and give us something that'll compete with the Shift. Assuming patent infringement is a roadblock to development of the breed by the players, BD/Fritschi, G3, Dynafit, Look, Tyrolia and Marker?

Gotta give BAM credit for getting the binding to market ... anyone see the Howel binding that was supposed to be out by 2019/2020 (rhetorical question).

TS
neonorchid

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^actually 1390g accorging to the website which is rediculous!

Was as thinking 1300g per pair, nice, ~ 3/4 lb lighter then the Shift, had to watch the video again, thought there was a translation issue when the guy said a little over 1300g per unit, per one ski, silly me! Website specs are not specific on that one -

WEIGHT: 1390 g

STOPPER: 90/110/125

STAINLESS STEEL: 12 °

*STAND (TWO-STAGE):
19 mm for touring boot

26 mm for alpine shoe

*note per BAM video, this is the toepiece stand height from the top surface of the AFD, accounting for the thicker rockered sole of an AT boot vs Alpine boot, therefore, the actual "stand height" boot sole to top of ski would be higher, probably much higher but the same for either the AT or Alpine boot. :\

LENGTH ADJUSTMENT:
3 cm

LATERAL ELASTICITY:
25 mm on the toe

12mm on the buttocks

VERTICAL ELASTICITY:

18 mm on the buttocks"

Only other current news I could find -
(google translation);
BAM

After some time of waiting, Bavarian Alpine Manifest has now brought the Pindung to series maturity with a new investor. The Pindung is now finally in the starting blocks and also makes a solid impression. The massive buttocks, the convincing system, Z-value 14 and Made in Bavaria (some parts come from the Zillertal) make a good impression. A little fine tuning in a few areas is still necessary, but the sales start for the upcoming season should be nothing in the way

https://www.powderguide.com/magazin/equipment/artikel/ispo-news-2019-skitourenschuhe-bindungen.html

James

Out There
Instructor
The lack of other languages on their site isn't a good sign. It tells me ... like maybe they're secretly Northern Italian? ogsmile - Basically you have to beg to get the product.

Sponsor