• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sole Kit for Nordica Hot Rod

garylk

Booting up
Skier
The heels on my boots are worn to the point where some bindings (Look PX12’s in particular) don’t quite close when I step in. That being the only issue, and with some fairly major expenses in the upcoming year (a wedding among other things), I’d really like to squeeze another year out of them.

Any ideas on where I might find a compatible sole kit? Don’t mind if I have to drill a few holes, etc. to make something fit.

otto

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Yes, If it is a solid sole Hot Rod, which I believe all of them were. Any shop that installs 3mm lifters can screw on new sole plates, back fill the worn gaps that show up once a flat plate is installed, and router the top of the sole lugs back to DIN specs. This will return your boot soles to "like new" status.

We normally charge $100 to plate a pair of boots including the the back fill with fixall epoxy.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Look at or google the Nordica website. I just ordered and received new heel and toe prices for my about 8 year old Speedmachines.

TS
G

garylk

Booting up
Skier
IMG_1741.JPG

Appreciate the replies. Don't know about other models in this line, but mine definitely have removable toe/heel pieces (held on by 4 screws) - see above.

I've already checked the Nordica site and there is nothing there for Hot Rods. Thus my query.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
maybe new bindings that work on the WTR?

ok, bit of a joke but as I was looking at bindings for my daughter, ran across a lot of inexpensive but decent quality at big discounts, I pondered between Look SPX 12 or Marker 11.0 ... and another Marker .. One fit all boots and made me ponder getting more life out of my Nordica's. oh, thanks, I need to get some heels on mine too but they're out of stock ; ( mine just the heel tip ... $3.99, shipping likely higher cost just to ship.

Anyhow, I sent a request to Nordica with image of your boots in case you hadn't, I'll chime in once I hear back. I'd suspect one of the ones listed would work.

oh, I feel your pain on weddings, we skipped our yearly family week long trip this year as our eldest married that week in Jan ... and with it took our trip cash :(

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh,

Alternate thought .. maybe used ebay version that has needed plates in good shape. wouldn't need the whole boot shipped just the plates.

might be a crapshoot as ideally you want exact same boot but maybe luck will be on your side. perhaps hitting a Play It Again Sports ...

eg: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NORDICA-HO...200399?hash=item2f2d57eecf:g:zKMAAOSwccdciW5S

but new boots would simply be pulling in the buy ... understand the comfort level and attachment but skip one trip and you may offset most/all the cost.

TS
G

garylk

Booting up
Skier
Thanks again for the replies.

I would much prefer new boots, but economics dictate otherwise; "discretionary expenditures" (my wife's word for this, not mine) are off the table for the the next year, including that trip I might otherwise skip to pay for new boots.

Contacted Nordica myself (also with pictures). Wonder if they'll realize it's the same pair of boots?

I have been checking Ebay periodically; so far, most of what I've seen is no better than what I have.

otto

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Thanks for the picture. That clears the path for the proper response. That Hot Rod is a derivative by name only of the original Hot Rods that were in the Doberman family. Which was the boot I was picturing on my initial response. The sole on the boot in the picture is a common Nordica sole that can be replaced with one from their website. The color may not be a match.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the picture. That clears the path for the proper response. That Hot Rod is a derivative by name only of the original Hot Rods that were in the Doberman family. Which was the boot I was picturing on my initial response. The sole on the boot in the picture is a common Nordica sole that can be replaced with one from their website. The color may not be a match.

was my thought on an existing one would match. Their site doesn't list the Patron Pro's (mine) as matching the "SOLEKITS BEAST HEEL 08500200000 - BLACK" but they show up on other sites as a match.

Figure it's simply an aging issue, why list a boot to parts few if any are is looking for? (any possible liability issue like with bindings?)

The ebay note is some of these if matching had/have good looking heels/toes and if $45 bucks .. may be cheaper than from OEM.

One can give blood for that extra cash .... ; ) I suspect that's how you feeling now with restrictions. Happy my next kids marriage shouldn't be for some 5yrs or so ...

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@garylk

Will at Nordica replied that toes/heels should be available come fall and they'll list on their website.

Now, if others fit ... they didn't state.

otto

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
OEM boot replacement soles do not exist. There is no OEM for replacement boot soles in the ski industry. The only brand crossover that may exist is where the Tecnica group for example has junior boots in the brands Nordica and Tecnica that are injected in the same mold but in different colors. In that case the boot soles are interchangeable. The same holds true with Lange and Rossi jr boots and a few older adult models that shared molds.

There could be other Nordica models that shared that same sole part, but may have different names.

Sponsor

Staff online