• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Solar Power?

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
@Muleski, Harbor Freight had the kit on sale for $139 so that is all I am out at this point. I have an extra car battery and a 400W inverter so there is no outlay there and any internal wiring and outlets I choose to do will be used if I decide to do traditional electric. Yes, we get a good amount of sun in Reno, example, it hasn't rained in almost 3 months and bluebird every day. Like I said early on, all we will be using this for is for lights, charging the weedwacker and maybe a home meth lab, when Harbor Freight puts them on sale too.
What's next, a Prius?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With the power button.

yah know, you can skip the solar for power in the shed if you buy a Prius with an AC outlet. I hear they make good backup generators when needed.

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have an inverter that clips on the car battery. Runs the heater and hot water when the power is out. But I do have to open the garage door when the car runs.

OK, advantage Prius.

I want a Tesla wall and solar system. But solar in the snowstorm might not work well.

My few hundred acres of desert sun baked land is a better solar option. If the power lines stay up.

Eric