• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Solar Eclipse 2017 Discussion Thread

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Thin cloud passed over at about the right time to get an iPhone pic with no glasses or filter. I couldn't get the phone to take focused pictures through the glasses. This is the raw image, no software tweaks.

IMG_1343.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thin cloud passed over at about the right time to get an iPhone pic with no glasses or filter. I couldn't get the phone to take focused pictures through the glasses. This is the raw image, no software tweaks.

View attachment 28283
Whoa! That's cool!!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I watched with my pinhole projector from the parking lot at City Market. The people getting all worked up was more exciting than the 92% eclipse. Before I got to City Market I had been at St Anthony's for another post-injury checkup. The staff couldn't stop talking about it.

20170821_130501_Queen Of The West Road.jpg

I'm glad that people enjoyed it. I enjoyed the people. I think I got just a bit more excited about 3' of fresh in May.

20170518 - 18485867_10210489277322159_4572173609933451629_n.jpg

Now THIS is something to get jazzed about!

20170821_165707_Huckleberry Grn-1.jpg

These arrived on Friday. Thanks PugSki.com and k2skis.com.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sounds like congratulations to Tony & Liz are in order!
(or have I misread something?)

Right people. Wrong eclipse.

Congrats, @TonyC and @Lizardqueen. Eclipse was eclipsed.
I'm not sure if an announcement has been made here, but there was an announcement on Facebook along with pictures of the wedding ceremony.
Only Tony Crocker and Liz could eclipse the eclipse.
:toast
There are photos, but I'll let them post when they're ready.
*There is even a rumor that the Weather Channel picked up the story and filmed it.

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
PSA. I'll be selling Eclipse Glasses in Craigslist tomorrow.
No need to wait till tomorrow.

I had a couple extra, was loaning them to my co-workers and strangers passing by. But one family insisted to have their own and offered $20!!!

Strange people. They could have had it for free if they just hang around. I offered, but they want their own. Maybe they don't like us? (Indians and Chinese). More than what I paid for my 5-pack.

MadPatSki

Putting on skis
Skier

A bit less in Ottawa, but there were still a gazillions people at the Aviation & Space Museum in Ottawa. I had one remaining Eclipse glasses at home which I drove off for my wife at work before heading to the museum with my daughters. So much less people at the Montreal Planetarium back in 1994.

Sponsor

Staff online