• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Solar Cargo Box - The Apollo by Packasport

Sethmasia

Putting on skis
Contributor
Maybe I missed a reply but what's the output (Wdc) of the solar panels? I have 240 watts on the roof of my van and would consider replacing that array with a box if the power is comparable.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Power for what?

Sethmasia

Putting on skis
Contributor
Power for what?
If that question is for me, we run the van (interior lights, electronics, 12v heating pads etc) from 250ah deep-cycle batteries. Here's our solar array now -- would replace this with a box if the PV power is adequate.
air-dam.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@David as Seth said, its ideal for van life, or someone who wants to do a bunch of tailgating. Mostly Van Life!

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@David as Seth said, its ideal for van life, or someone who wants to do a bunch of tailgating. Mostly Van Life!

@Packasport is definitely on our radar. We are considering a small but nice travel trailer to traipse around the country and this would be great on our truck. We are no strangers to being off the grid...solar is the way to go.

TS
Packasport

Packasport

Packasport
Skier
Manufacturer
Maybe I missed a reply but what's the output (Wdc) of the solar panels? I have 240 watts on the roof of my van and would consider replacing that array with a box if the power is comparable.

Hi Seth - sorry for the late reply. We are using Zamp Solar's latest hard panels called the Obsidian panels. We are using four 45 watt panels for a total of 180 Watts. From what I'm told, that is enough for most Van Life applications.
I hope that helps.

TS
Packasport

Packasport

Packasport
Skier
Manufacturer
@Packasport is definitely on our radar. We are considering a small but nice travel trailer to traipse around the country and this would be great on our truck. We are no strangers to being off the grid...solar is the way to go.
Thanks for keeping us on your radar. We're excited about the Van Life market.

Sponsor

Staff online