• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Softshell Helmets Real or Hype?

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Giro Range has MIPS and EPP and unlike POC helmets they look good........... Does anyone know if it's worth the upgrade? Any real world experience or data or is verdict still out? The theory seems solid as cranial motility is part of the equation. One of the physical therapists I refer TMJ cases is an expert in cranial motility and has used cranial manipulation as part of his treatment to resolve 60% of my TMJ patients. For TMJ that is an UNREAL track record!.... as TMJ resolution rates generally run in the 30% range if you're lucky.

Still not sure why POC insists on making the biker/skier look like you're one step away from being institutionalized.........

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
*shrug* Worth it? Not to me. I'd rather have a lower crush and microfracture energy if I'm going to be replacing the helmet anyway in 3 years or less. And I'm 0 for 2 for MIPS actually deploying in an offset blow that cracks the helmet through and through.

If I was buying a multi-impact helmet I'd go for the Electric with the PVN foam.

TS
Yo Momma

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks so much and glad to start this thread. I've learned about more brands of helmets than I ever realized. This site Rocks! Electric, Sweet, MIPS, EPP :beercheer: Here's to expanding horizons

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Multi-impact helmets were designed for competitive skiers who are in situations where there is a likelihood of multiple impacts. The reality is, if you're hitting your head THAT hard, you should probably replace it.

My schtick when selling a helmet is this. Fit first!
If you get a helmet that has all the bells and whistles because you've heard that MIPS and Multi-impact is a must, but the helmet doesn't fit your head, shape or size well, its not going to protect you as well as a helmet that fits well and does its job.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Some people would be replacing their heads an awful lot. :duck:
mic drop.jpg

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
That's one of the double-secret emojis!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So, you're saying to add it to the emojis?

Sponsor