• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Swiss Toni

They have their own presses in the Bomber Factory.

I think the virtual driveby is a lot easier than the real thing, it was nearly impossible to find.

They were making Pro Carve skis the day I was there, man are they sweet looking!!! But way beyond my current abilities. I did try to twist arms to have an all mountain ski made with the Pro Carve top sheet tho, they kinda just laughed

TS
J

Jeffdag

Putting on skis
Skier
So, update. I mounted them with Marker Piston Plates and Marker Excel 16 bindings, pretty good looking combo, but how would they ski?
First weekend i took them out for a couple of runs before coaching, felt pretty nice. I didn't really get a chance to ski on them for another week or so, but when I did...very sweet. Fairly damp ski, with good hold at speed, but able to make any turn shape, at any speed. Maybe the most versatile ski I can recall. They trench groomers, handle crud and chop well and are more than adequate on some ice. A few of my friends have taken them for a few run and were equally impressed.
Maybe I spend to much time on race skis, but these put a smile on my face.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bomber came and presented at one of our ski club meetings a while back. The said they had some stuff to give away and I though it was going to be the nice looking jacket they had on display. No they wanted $1,600 for that. They gave away a couple of wool knot caps.

Cheap bastards.

James

Out There
Instructor
They look like really nice skis.
I think Bode is going to make a million on this brand. It might cost him ten million though. So get em while you can.

Those COHEN skis were really nice slalom skis from what I heard.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They look like really nice skis.
I think Bode is going to make a million on this brand. It might cost him ten million though. So get em while you can.

Those COHEN skis were really nice slalom skis from what I heard.
I predict the brand will succeed. It's a collaboration between Bode and someone similarly successful in business and in just about everything else. But if it doesn't succeed, it will cost someone else "10 million" not Bode.

James

Out There
Instructor
I predict the brand will succeed. It's a collaboration between Bode and someone similarly successful in business and in just about everything else. But if it doesn't succeed, it will cost someone else "10 million" not Bode.
Similar to Bode? I see no business success there, maybe it's coming. The purchaser is a real estate guy. Bode already lost millions walking away from Head. Not a good business decision.

VIST seemingly did the same model with the uber expensive clothing. Though vist made very successful plates, impossible to deal with from the US.
The problem with this is semi custom and full custom skis are going to become much more available with technology.
So, a brand with someone like Bode could help, who knows. I see it going down the tubes.

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am quite surprised it still survives. The rent on the 5th Ave won’t be cheap.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I can't give details on Bomber other than to say I find dismissiveness of the participants funny, but I can say it isn't always clear to outsiders, notwithstanding what gets reported, who's making and who's losing money in a venture based solely on whether the venture achieves success.