• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Hey, didn't mean to start/wander into a pissing contest....just happened to buy a pair of hopefully fun skis for a cheap price.
Was hoping to hear some opinions from inmate's.... hope that is not too much to ask.

Don't mind us, we're just envious of your shopping skillz.

For my own part I would probably get something that looks good. ATM I am thinking:

1) X VAR in silver or red
2) Black Pivot
3) gunmetal STH 16

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If they only make 2000 pairs a year in that factory, and they sell for an average of ~$2500, that makes them a $5M business.

1000 square feet of retail space on Madison Avenue takes $2M of that, and commercial office space on 5th for 10-15 employees takes another $2M. Pay all the employees minimum wage and set them up with a computer running Windows 95 and they're already out of money. No raw goods, no manufacturing labor, duties, trans-atlantic freight, domestic storage or replenishment operations, marketing, R&D, prototyping.

Unless the founders are hemorrhaging money in this, the P&L just isn't feasible.

Last edited:
TS
J

Jeffdag

Putting on skis
Skier
If they only make 2000 pairs a year in that factory, and they sell for an average of ~$2500, that makes them a $5M business.

1000 square feet of retail space on Madison Avenue takes $2M of that, and commercial office space on 5th for 10-15 employees takes another $2M. Pay all the employees minimum wage and set them up with a computer running Windows 95 and they're already out of money. No raw goods, no manufacturing labor, duties, trans-atlantic freight, domestic storage or replenishment operations, marketing, R&D, prototyping.

Unless the founders are hemorrhaging money in this, the P&L just isn't feasible.

I think you are severely underestimating the revenue stream from their branded products, now that you have enlightened me I am planning on purchasing a few pairs of the après Ski Slippers....
velvet_apre_s_ski_slippers_5.jpg

At only $450 per pair for real cotton velvet , they are a steal....

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I think you are severely underestimating the revenue stream from their branded products, now that you have enlightened me I am planning on purchasing a few pairs of the après Ski Slippers....
velvet_apre_s_ski_slippers_5.jpg

At only $450 per pair for real cotton velvet , they are a steal....

They're just rebranded Edward Green's...or maybe Lobbs. I can't remember ;).

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
Those skis need a great plate and binding.
My Blossoms are mounted with Marker WC plates and Excel 16 clamps.
A hard to get and expensive setup but the value is there.
Flat mounting those Bombers is not the way to go.
That's like putting cheap tires on a race car.

IMG_0414.JPG

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don’t know about you guys but I like my toe piece to be triangular, that Tyrolia attack you guys fawn over and any Marker that you guys fawn over makes me wonder how you guys don’t constantly go over the bars with those things.
A binding has to look good and aerodynamic, like a nice Look binding, perhaps !
Now if Tyrolia would go back TO THE GREATEST BINDING OF ALL TIME, the 360D, then of course I would get those.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I don’t know about you guys but I like my toe piece to be triangular, that Tyrolia attack you guys fawn over and any Marker that you guys fawn over makes me wonder how you guys don’t constantly go over the bars with those things.
A binding has to look good and aerodynamic, like a nice Look binding, perhaps !
Now if Tyrolia would go back TO THE GREATEST BINDING OF ALL TIME, the 360D, then of course I would get those.
You misspelled 490. ;)

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'm interested in how someone (regular unconnected guy) can findBomber skis at steep discount ?
Like finding a sale on a Rolex watchbI would think.

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
No conspiracy, they are are produced in the old Tua factory.

Bomber skis are not made in the old Tua factory, they are made in the old CO.H.EN ski factory at Cossato near Biella. If you enter the address into Google maps you can drive past it.

Bomber Fabbrica Italiana Sci Srl
Via Per Castelletto Cervo 421
13836 Cossato (BI)

The factory and the equipment were acquired from the liquidators by Paolo Salussoglia a former airline pilot. In total the company has about 10 employees some of whom used to work for Tua.

They probably make the skis themselves, from what I have seen they have the capacity to press up to 30,000 pairs a year, but if they are only making 2000 pairs a year it would make more sense to subcontract production. They use the same wet layup method as Blossom so it would be easy to have them made there.

They would look good fitted with Müller Full Metal Jacket plates and Vist V614UNITE7 bindings.

M-ller-FMJ.jpg

Vist.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bomber skis are not made in the old Tua factory, they are made in the old CO.H.EN ski factory at Cossato near Biella. If you enter the address into Google maps you can drive past it.

13836 Cossato (BI)

The factory and the equipment were acquired from the liquidators by Paolo Salussoglia a former airline pilot. In total the company has about 10 employees some of whom used to work for Tua.

They probably make the skis themselves, from what I have seen they have the capacity to press up to 30,000 pairs a year, but if they are only making 2000 pairs a year it would make more sense to subcontract production. They use the same wet layup method as Blossom so it would be easy to have them made there.

They would look good fitted with Müller Full Metal Jacket plates and Vist V614UNITE7 bindings.

M-ller-FMJ.jpg

Vist.jpg
Thank you. I was told it was the Tua factory. Having some ex Tua employees makes sense too.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

13836 Cossato (BI)

M-ller-FMJ.jpg

Vist.jpg

Good info, thanks.

TS
J

Jeffdag

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm interested in how someone (regular unconnected guy) can findBomber skis at steep discount ?
Like finding a sale on a Rolex watchbI would think.

Who said I was a regular guy?
Just kidding, picked them up on Sideline Swap for $215 plus shipping. There is another new pair on the site, asking $500 I think.

Sponsor

Staff online