• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jeffdag

Putting on skis
Skier
Picked up a new pair of 2016 Bomber Warriors cheap
8805ce848ae188b4_small.jpeg

The ski is a 182 cm with a 124 77 110 profile, now the question is what bindings......Thinking I should maybe put a race plate on them, but not sure if I want to stiffen them up (already have plenty of race skis). I just feel with the the sidecut and construction the binding should be elevated. Any thoughts?
Skis should arrive end of the week. I have some marker Piston plates, and Rossi race plates kicking around and probably can lay y hands on some cheap used race bindings, but wondering if I should consider a less race based system.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hmmmm familiar dimensions....

Are you insinuating they are Blossom Skis? I have heard this before on this forum. I have visited the Bomber Ski Factory, I can tell you they are hand made in a small factory just NW of Milan. Sorry, but I am tired of the Blossom conspiracy.

I think I was the 2nd non-Bomber employee/owner to be allowed in the factory. I can tell you it was nothing short of amazing watching them hand make skis. And no I was not allowed to take photos :)

Please don’t take offense to this post, but some things just need to be debunked.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are you insinuating they are Blossom Skis? I have heard this before on this forum. I have visited the Bomber Ski Factory, I can tell you they are hand made in a small factory just NW of Milan. Sorry, but I am tired of the Blossom conspiracy.

I think I was the 2nd non-Bomber employee/owner to be allowed in the factory. I can tell you it was nothing short of amazing watching them hand make skis. And no I was not allowed to take photos :)

Please don’t take offense to this post, but some things just need to be debunked.
No conspiracy, they are are produced in the old Tua factory. The dimensions of 124/77/110 have been used by numerous skis from the Blossom factory including the Hart Pulse that has been discussed recently. I had some of the Bomber skis in question in my possession and the similarity to the Blossom is uncanny...too uncanny.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No conspiracy, they are are produced in the old Tua factory. The dismensions of 124/77/110 have been used by numerous skis from the Blossom factory including the Hart Pulse that has been discussed recently. I had some of the Bomber skis in question in my possession and the similarity to the Blossom is uncanny...too uncanny.

Phil, they only make Bomber Skis in the factory. They can only make about 2000 pair per year. I do not know what if anything was produced in the space that is currently the Bomber Ski factory, but I can tell you that your “too uncanny” statement is absolutely not true as of the summer of 2018 when I was there. Sorry, you but you are off base.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Phil, they only make Bomber Skis in the factory. They can only make about 2000 pair per year. I do not know what if anything was produced in the space that is currently the Bomber Ski factory, but I can tell you that your “too uncanny” statement is absolutely not true as of the summer of 2018 when I was there. Sorry, you but you are off base.

What is true as of summer 2018 may not have been true when these are made.

Furthermore, it is common practice for ski factories to reuse existing molds for different OEM skis.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You have a 162, correct? We will be in Utah next month and will bring a Blossom (Hart Pulse) and lets compare them and then you can tell me if I am off base...and who is buying the first round :)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The one thing we can agree on, the 124/77/110 mold is one of the greatest shapes ever produced. There are hamlets in Italy where the villagers sing ballads to this iconic mold.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You have a 162, correct? We will be in Utah next month and will bring a Blossom (Hart Pulse) and lets compare them and then you can tell me if I am off base...and who is buying the first round :)

I doubt we will cross paths, but I will be skiing my 172’s tomorrow.

The one thing we can agree on, the 124/77/110 mold is one of the greatest shapes ever produced. There are hamlets in Italy where the villagers sing ballads to this iconic mold.

UNLESS there is a patent on the 124/77/110 mold then anyone can produce that shape, and I suspect it is more about the materials and craftsmanship involved than the actual shape.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I doubt we will cross paths, but I will be skiing my 172’s tomorrow.

Shame, we would love to meet up with you at some time.

UNLESS there is a patent on the 124/77/110 mold then anyone can produce that shape, and I suspect it is more about the materials and craftsmanship involved than the actual shape.

You are absolutely correct and I have skied both.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hey, didn't mean to start/wander into a pissing contest....just happened to buy a pair of hopefully fun skis for a cheap price.
Was hoping to hear some opinions from inmate's.... hope that is not too much to ask.

If they are anything like mine and Betsy’s (who is an advanced skier) you will love them. Sorry, but I had to correct untruths

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What is true as of summer 2018 may not have been true when these are made.

Furthermore, it is common practice for ski factories to reuse existing molds for different OEM skis.

Correct, I stated 2018, I can not vouch for things I don’t know to be 100% correct, I AM NOT like that!!!! I am also sure the 10 employees in the Bomber Ski factory are making the Bomber Ski brand.

Seems some who have NOT visited the factory want to believe otherwise

TS
J

Jeffdag

Putting on skis
Skier
Probably not....
Seriously though, wondering I should put a plate on these. I do like the Marker plate/binding combo, but these days spend most of time on them coaching. Would you put a race plate and binding on these or go a different route?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Correct, I stated 2018, I can not vouch for things I don’t know to be 100% correct, I AM NOT like that!!!! I am also sure the 10 employees in the Bomber Ski factory are making the Bomber Ski brand.

Seems some who have NOT visited the factory want to believe otherwise
No one here said they weren't No one here said they were made in the Blossom factory...As soon as I put the Bombers in my hands I knew they didn't from that factory. I said where they were being built
Probably not....
Seriously though, wondering I should put a plate on these. I do like the Marker plate/binding combo, but these days spend most of time on them coaching. Would you put a race plate and binding on these or go a different route?
Really depends what you want from the ski. Mounting a plate will move the dial in that the ski will have a minimum ski to get moving but also increase the top end. Mounting say a Pivot flat on the ski would make the ski much more playful and allow a multitude of turn shapes at a multitude of speeds. No wrong answer, jsut what you want out of the ski.