• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

So long Batman....

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Evidently the Batman has crossed over to the dark side, 3/14/17, just downhill from where @MountainMonster's Adam West picture was taken.
IMG_20170314_112131 (1).jpg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My dad & I watching the first Batman episode in 1966. :)
View attachment 25466

No lie?!?

I was 12 when Batman came on TV in 1966. It was huge, at least in my demographic:roflmao:...
the theme song, the Batmobile, the primary colors, the guest villains, the hips on Julie Newmar, the pow/bam/zap fight graphics, the merchandizing...me and every kid in my neighborhood had t-shirts like this:
batmantshirt.jpg

images

One of the few show that was so popular they broadcast two episodes each week on different nights in prime time. Then passé and cancelled after three years.

Last edited:

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I had a Batman lunchbox, after I broke my Bonanza lunchbox while riding my 3 speed banana seat bike to 2nd grade.

As you may remember, the lunchboxes came with a thermos lined with glass. Ever open your thermos at lunchtime only to find a hellish mix of glass shards and 2% milk? Who am I kidding, I never drank 2% when I was a kid. It was full strength, and we liked it that way.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't think we had 2% when I was a kid. It was always whole milk. Didn't know anything else.

MT Skull

Look at me, I can ski with my feet together!
Skier
I'll bet there were a ton of hilarious outtakes from the original series. Seems like the entire serious was done very tongue-in-cheek; serious and absurd at the same time.

Gosh yes!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January