• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Snowmass Lift Tickets: $6.50

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Sad that the lift ticket in 1967 cost $6.50 which is $47.45 in today's $. Of course the facilites and skiing operations are much better now but still.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Sun Peaks does this every year, the first Monday in December for Kamloops residents lift tickets are $5Cdn plus a donation to the food bank. All of the high schools close down because pretty much no one shows up for school, the one day a year crowd is out in full force, Value Village sells out all their $10 1970s skis and the ski patrol has their busiest day of the year. It is a real honest to goodness Gaper Day.

Locals call it "Body Pack the Hill Day" and of course don't go near the mountain that day.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Waterville Valley has their last hurrah (and pond skimming/retro costume) day on April 1, tickets $1.00!

Except when April 1 is a Saturday or Sunday. Then they move the day for the $1 ticket.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We skied MRG on their 40th Anniv. and they had throwback prices for tickets and hot dogs. I forget what the exact prices were but the the lines were rediculous But we got to ski there on that very historic day.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I remember when $6.50 was too rich for my blood, so I stayed with the $3.50 - $4.50 places. I only went to the ritzy $6.00+ joints about 3-4 times in my first ten years of skiing,

Reactions: nay

James

Out There
Instructor
We used to split tickets so one person got the front and one the back. I remember doing that at a certain ski area Josh skis at. The person who got the front with the date stamp paid more than half. Tickets were different colors each day so it worked if no one flipped it over. At some point Vermont made a law that made it a pretty consequential crime if you got caught. So it didn't look like such a good idea.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sad that the lift ticket in 1967 cost $6.50 which is $47.45 in today's $. Of course the facilites and skiing operations are much better now but still.

Well, beers were 25¢ then in '67, and beers are better now.

Taos had $20 lift tickets for a few days during the extended season this year. Definitely a sweet deal. The whole mountain was open and they thoughtfully provided a great powder storm as well.