• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Snowmass crowds Presidents weekend

LowPressureKarl

Putting on skis
Skier
Aspen grooms a black about every other day.
The World Cup DH Course, Aztec/Spring Pitch is the best.

Highlands best groomer is Golden Horn/Thunder Bowl.

Snowmass grooms either Slot or Campground off Sams Nob and either Edge or Showcase off of High Alpine, everyday.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
Snowmass varies which runs they groom.

The Edge is often groomed.

Not sure about Aspen.

Be bold -take a bump lesson.

Thanks for the great info everyone, as far as skiing bumps, my knees are too old. Everything else still works fine.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Thanks for the great info everyone, as far as skiing bumps, my knees are too old. Everything else still works fine.
We have folk well into their 70s skiing bumps here. It is not only possible, it is good for your skiing. It's about doing as little as possible, and need not be hard on the knees.

Mike

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I just noticed, Mike, but do you realize it's possible to see your avatar as what appears to be a shaggy snow demon watching you ski?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
A bit off topic, but part of the scenery at Buttermilk is stopping on a run and watching jet aircraft take off and land. What other ski resort offers that?
While there I tried unsuccessfully to buy a sticker or magnet that says "I Love Buttermilk", (Its the all day powder kind).

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
Got warm yesterday and firmed up overnight at Snowmass. Pouring rain today at the bottom with some heavy wet snow at the top over the frozen stuff underneath. The trails that got groomed before the wet snow skied a lot better than the ones that did not. Looks like more rain in the forecast. Is this normal when the rest of Colorado gets snow?

Sponsor

Staff online