• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Snowbird, UT 3/16/19

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Second gorgeous day in a row at Snowbird. @SpikeDog and friends were there and I got to ski with them all day.
SpikeDog's buddies, nice bunch.
DSCN9827 (2).jpg
Pete, the ageless wonder.
DSCN9831 (2).jpg
Wildman Jack
DSCN9832 (2).jpg DSCN9867 (2).jpg DSCN9877 (2).jpg
SpikeDog getting his arc on. DSCN9886.jpg DSCN9911 (2).jpg DSCN9915.jpg Guinea pigs for my first slopeside lunch BBQ since arriving in UT.
DSCN9939.jpg Gorgeous afternoon.
DSCN9944 (2).jpg DSCN9948.jpg DSCN9961.jpg SpikeDog over by Bookends in Mineral Basin.
DSCN9970.jpg
In the chute near lower Mineral Chair lift line.
DSCN9995.jpg DSCN0006.jpg
Best snow was on Great Scott, but the entrance over by scraggly tree to right was kind of rocky/sketchy.
DSCN0059 (2).jpg DSCN0062 (2).jpg DSCN0071 (2).jpg

Special appearance , shared a beer with Master of Snowbird Ceremonies @BobMc DSCN0089 (2).jpg

Last edited:

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
You are making me sad that we did not stay two weeks in a row as opposed to just 1. We flew home Monday night after 5 amazing days at Alta and Snowbird in deep POW

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Jim puts on quite the beach party! Fantastic day of skiing with the gang, and the pictures are awesome. That entrance to Great Scott was super sketchy, but Jim made it look easy. Had to bring my A game late in the afternoon when it was just Jim and I. Seeing you hook up with @BobMc for some après is not surprising. I was walking by him on my way to my truck and he recognized me and flagged me down. It had been several years since we skied together, but he picked me out from the back like it was just yesterday. Makes me worry, like, am I that easy to pick out of a police lineup?

Sunday at Alta with Wildman Jack was pretty good too. A little icy down low, but some great snow on Ballroom and Chartreuse. We worked the singles line all day 'cause it was packed. Not sure if Spring Break or the 30" dump midweek was the cause, but parking was at a premium.

Sponsor

Staff online