• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Snowbird and beyond 3/7-12 and longer

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes we are Ikon pass holders invading your mountain. Please dont hate us!

We are meeting family from Argentina who are paying customers to help make up for it. Hoping for good snow and good times.

Age range is 18 to 75 all intermediate to solid advanced. We are all about the skiing and accepting any advice you wish to share. Or company if you like.

The Argentines take off on the 12th and we geezers from NM - who are reasonably good skiers - may stay some extra days to ski BCC if there is good snow.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Have you decided on accommodations? Have you skied LCC (or Utah) previously? Will you have a rental car? Sounds like skiing at a couple of different resorts would be a good option if either the NM or Argentinian folks have not skied Utah previously.

TS
Jerez

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We ... the NM'cns ... have skied Alta, Snowbird and Solitide, but many years ago. We were planning on driving out but the 4 Argentines will not have a car. Staying at Iron Blosam.

We were going to venture further after they go back south if the snow forecast is looking good. The two if us are more about quality and quantity of snow and fun than in bagging lines or fighting the frenzy, so we were looking at BCC or DV, although the recent thread trashing DV has given me pause.

This may change, however, because my DH took a tumble at Wolf Creek last week and is exhibiting possible signs of post concussion syndrome so we spent yesterday at hospital. No brain bleed but pretty bad vertigo. He may not go if things dont improve quickly, in which case I would fly out and then not have a car either. Hoping that is not the case.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
just stick with alta if you need a break. then sure check out brighton solitude, if you want to mellow out. If you have passes, in slc you don't need to plan so far ahead, so just stay flexible and decide to decide later. Unless you really want to cross something off your list you dont need to plan more than 2days out.

Do keep in mind snowbird slopeside is at 7700 feet. You may want to inquire with your doctor about that. Mountaineering advice to climb high, sleep low is good mojo.

Currently im posting from murray ut, 4300ft and feeling good.

Personally, im going to dv tmrw even though I'm more than capable of exploring altabird gates, but this is for me to see what its about, not necessarily to maximize unique and challenging skiing

TS
Jerez

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks! Altitude is not a problem. Our house is at over 7K and the base of our local mountain is 10K. And good advice to keep flexible.