• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snow

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Dec. 18, 2015 Omaha - Making snow in the yard today.

IMG_1730.JPG

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
image.jpeg
Shot of the first snow of this winter off porch this am. Starting to feel like the tides are changing.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Conklin NY right on the PA boarder literally. 35 min to Elk or 40 to Greek. I am at 1650' elevation and this weekend was the first below freezing tempswe had all day. Down in the valley was 6 degrees warmer this afternoon and lost the snow.

quant

Don't worry; just go down.
Skier
From the Canyons Village side of PCMR this morning, well before breakfast. This place uses a mammoth Prinoth Beast to plow the walkways and flatten the snow in front of the Orange Bubble. It wouldn't be polite to have guests click into their bindings while standing in powder:). It was still dark and I was shooting at 1/6 sec. hand-held so the "Beast" has motion blur, but you can still see how big that thing is. They run them side-by-side to groom the wider trails in just a few passes. The "Beast" is indeed a monster.
dsdsdsdd-1-9.jpg
:

Last edited:

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
From the Canyons Village side of PCMR this morning, well before breakfast. This place uses a mammoth Prinoth Beast to plow the walkways and flatten the snow in front of the Orange Bubble. It wouldn't be polite to have guests click into their bindings while standing in powder:). It was still dark and I was shooting at 1/6 sec. hand-held so the "Beast" has motion blur, but you can still see how big that thing is. They run them side-by-side to groom the wider trails in just a few passes. The "Beast" is indeed a monster. View attachment 1735 :

Great pic!

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Dec 24. Our Christmas miracle. This snow wasn't forecast. I bet we have 8" so far here in Omaha!

Finally feeling the benefit of El Niño!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
I hope you guys will continue to excuse me as I was just outside (in a tee shirt) walking around in my bare feet and had to take a picture.
It would NORMALY have snow in it! Just a beautiful full moon...

12 24 2015.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The ice rink at Northstar yesterday as I was leaving work.
image-jpeg.1826

Sponsor