• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Aren’t you supposed to move the furniture before it snows?
Just an fyi, the early posts in this thread no longer have photos. Their patio furniture completely disappeared. See, left it out too long.

Why do people from the east fall in love with Maple and Oak trees in a residential setting? If it is an Oak Tree, I saw kill it off, and, the sooner the better. They are very dirty, drop nuts and get way too big. So many nicer small trees.
Sad!
86344BC1-498A-4940-A771-CF6751917065.jpeg

The Legend of the Charter Oak: Connecticut's Official State Tree
The Story Behind Connecticut's Most Famous Tree

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Aren’t you supposed to move the furniture before it snows?
Just an fyi, the early posts in this thread no longer have photos. Their patio furniture completely disappeared. See, left it out too long.
Looks like they were Facebook links, which change/get deleted over time. And some of the others are Photobucket, which doesn't allow linking for free anymore.

James

Out There
Instructor
Looks like they were Facebook links, which change/get deleted over time. And some of the others are Photobucket, which doesn't allow linking for free anymore.
Does the site now store the photos like epic did eventually?
Plus, you’re going to take care of restoring those missing ones?...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Does the site now store the photos like epic did eventually?
Plus, you’re going to take care of restoring those missing ones?...
It depends on how you post the pic. If you cut and paste, or use the link image feature, it comes in as a hotlink. If you upload it from your computer, it's stored on the site. (I'd prefer it if pasted pics got pulled and stored on the site too, but they don't appear to.)

And I can't do anything to restore the missing ones. They're buried on someone's Facebook page or Photobucket account that I don't have access to.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
%lIvUk17S7+akbu8BaVe3A.jpg

Aspen called 7, Snowmass called 5, and unincorporated Pitkin County (below 7K ft) blew them both away. Too bad, lol.

James

Out There
Instructor
So, is the protocol to clean off the furniture after the storm so you can get another photo?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So, is the protocol to clean off the furniture after the storm so you can get another photo?

I think people should just let it pile up and then make one of those cool graphs, showing "chair depth" or "table depth" growing over the course of the season....

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think people should just let it pile up and then make one of those cool graphs, showing "chair depth" or "table depth" growing over the course of the season....

You guys clearly live in areas with little sunshine ...

James

Out There
Instructor
You guys clearly live in areas with little sunshine ...
Doh! Yeah when you really only need the lightest goggle lens all season you forget.
So disappointed people aren't out cleaning their furniture.

Sponsor

Staff online