• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Margotron

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
phil can we get a review on the Backland 107 vs. Vantage 107? Looking for a backcountry setup to marry with the Salomon Shifts.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Tried out the Kore 99 in a 180cm length(I'm 6'2"/175 LBS) the other day and it's very similar to the rest of the Kore line. The tip/tail taper shape is more like a wider Kore 93 than a narrow Kore 105 which I assume is to aid harder snow performance. The ski felt just like all the Kore series-easy to ski, damp, light and does everything pretty well. Find it a little dead and less playful compared to skis I prefer but can see why it will be another popular model as it's very versatile all over the mountain. Tried it on the +2 cm mounting line and thought it made it a touch quicker reacting than on the regular "recommended" line.

Have seen quite a few quick reviews of the Bent Chetler 100 for those looking for that and most think it will be a very fun wide park type ski but it's light weight wasn't great through crud and it's harder snow performance wasn't stellar even for it's width. The Blizzard Rustler 9 is looking more like it will be a better choice for someone like myself wanting decent all mountain freestyle performance while still being decent carving on harder snow, off jumps and through crud. Basically a narrower, more hard snow biased ON3P Kartel 98 I'm hoping!

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
Have seen quite a few quick reviews of the Bent Chetler 100 for those looking for that and most think it will be a very fun wide park type ski but it's light weight wasn't great through crud and it's harder snow performance wasn't stellar even for it's width. The Blizzard Rustler 9 is looking more like it will be a better choice for someone like myself wanting decent all mountain freestyle performance while still being decent carving on harder snow, off jumps and through crud. Basically a narrower, more hard snow biased ON3P Kartel 98 I'm hoping!

FYI: the new ON3P Kartel (available April) is a 96 and a little more hard snow biased. There's an interview over on Blister with the ON3P dude where he talks about it.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
FYI: the new ON3P Kartel (available April) is a 96 and a little more hard snow biased. There's an interview over on Blister with the ON3P dude where he talks about it.

Thanks for the heads up! Listened to the podcast. Seems like a slight tweak to the Kartel 98 to the new 96. I’m sure it will be a fantastic ski like the 98 is. If I could get deals on ON3P skis like I got on all my skis the last few years, I’d have at least 4 pairs of them in my current quiver!

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
ON3P is on my radar, yet have not landed on my feet yet!

Reactions: BC.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
phil can we get a review on the Backland 107 vs. Vantage 107? Looking for a backcountry setup to marry with the Salomon Shifts.

Demoed the New 2019 QST 106 in 188cm with the Shift bindings at Loveland. Wow, perfect combo. Conditions were 2-4" fresh / chowder over a very firm base. Great feeling of control, stability and maneuverability. I was really impressed. I have used the "old" QST 106 (in 181cm though) and really though it was way too soft and chattery for resort use (similar conditions), did not like it at all. This new ski felt quieter, smoother and just much more trustworthy. (I am 6-2 190lb, advanced skier).

IMG_0624.jpeg

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Demoed the New 2019 QST 106 in 188cm with the Shift bindings at Loveland. Wow, perfect combo. Conditions were 2-4" fresh / chowder over a very firm base. Great feeling of control, stability and maneuverability. I was really impressed. I have used the "old" QST 106 (in 181cm though) and really though it was way too soft and chattery for resort use (similar conditions), did not like it at all. This new ski felt quieter, smoother and just much more trustworthy. (I am 6-2 190lb, advanced skier).

That was exactly my impression of the old (current) QST 106. Seems like they made quite a leap into the positive, just like K2 did with their Pinnacles last year. Will demo them next weekend.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, we have one of the new QST99's in our test fleet and the addition of Basalt does make the ski a lot quieter.

haris1921

Skier
Please can someone tell me a bit more about new atomic bent chetler 100 and where to mount them, on center or factory recommendation? I ordered them month ago so hope so I wont be disapointed about them. Thank you!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Please can someone tell me a bit more about new atomic bent chetler 100 and where to mount them, on center or factory recommendation? I ordered them month ago so hope so I wont be disapointed about them. Thank you!
When we skied it...factory seemed to be the consesus.

TS
Michael Kane

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
Anyone have a chance to try the new Liberty V skis? In particular the 92

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier

Do you ski park or freestyle? The factory line is more of an “all mountain” recommended and freestyle riders going 3cm or so forward of that mark but they are using in the park and skiing switch often.
I think the all mountain would be in the 6cm back range from center and freestyle riders going in the 3cm back from center range.
If you’re not skiing switch or do ski powder often, stay at the recommended or if you ski a mix of all mountain/freestyle maybe plus 1 or 2 cm of all mountain recommend.

haris1921

Skier
Do you ski park or freestyle? The factory line is more of an “all mountain” recommended and freestyle riders going 3cm or so forward of that mark but they are using in the park and skiing switch often.
I think the all mountain would be in the 6cm back range from center and freestyle riders going in the 3cm back from center range.
If you’re not skiing switch or do ski powder often, stay at the recommended or if you ski a mix of all mountain/freestyle maybe plus 1 or 2 cm of all mountain recommend.
Thank you GregK, very useful information, I will stay at the recommended.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
@Philpug (or anyone, really), is the 2019 Blizzard Bushwacker just the 2018 Brahma CA with a different name and print? Or are the changes more significant?

Sponsor