• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, he is one of our 11/10ths skiers.
Just ask Head! :D
@utskier already has some 88s in the pipeline after skiing them. He wants them NOW.
I skied the 88 Ws and can't give them a fair assessment. They felt like I was riding on squirrels on crack, so me thinks there was a tune issue. I did like the 84 Ws, and agree, WAY more friendly for off-piste and variable conditions.

Heading to Beaver Mountain this Friday for another demo day of next year's equipment. I'll get out on the 88 Ws again.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@utskier already has some 88s in the pipeline after skiing them. He wants them NOW.
I skied the 88 Ws and can't give them a fair assessment. They felt like I was riding on squirrels on crack, so me thinks there was a tune issue. I did like the 84 Ws, and agree, WAY more friendly for off-piste and variable conditions.

Heading to Beaver Mountain this Friday for another demo day of next year's equipment. I'll get out on the 88 Ws again.

“Squirrels on crack,” LOL!!!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Would love to hear some quick reviews on the Atomic Bent Chetler 100 and the Blizzard Rustler 9 if anyone gets a chance to ski or has already skied them. Thanks!

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Would love to hear some quick reviews on the Atomic Bent Chetler 100 and the Blizzard Rustler 9 if anyone gets a chance to ski or has already skied them. Thanks!

I'm here to hear about the Bent's...:popcorn:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor

88 W's? hmmm... missed that one. I thought the Joy series was back.... oh... Rossi... sorry. :)

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm here to hear about the Bent's...:popcorn:

Already seen a few quick blurbs on how the 100 Bents are about the same weight as the new 120 Bents but stiffer tails, more sidecut and more camber for better hard snow performance. Saw one that thought they loved to jump off things while being more confidence inspiring and stable than the Enforcer 100, yet weighed the same as the Kore 93 which wasn't loved by the tester(and I agree). Add that to the fact they will retail for only $600 and I'm intrigued to say the least! :crossfingers:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are in the process of compiling everything but regarding to the Bent Chet 100's..someone referred to them as a "party on my feet"...I can only take that in a positive way.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
That was me. This going to be a great tweener, lighter skier ski. I'm not small. I skied the 180. Yes, i'd like +10 cm, but they were really fun! They'll be corn crushers for sure. Not super duper hard snow performers, but predictable. For larger folks, they'll likely have a speed limit. I'd love to hear other smaller skiers thoughts on these.They were also mounted with the switch binding which skied very well.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thanks for the replies!
I’m 6’2”/175 and was thinking the 188cm in the Bent 100 or Rustler 9 mounted forward of their “all mountain” lines for more of a freestyle feel.
Both are sounding like fun skis.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
I can't imagine the BC 100 mounted forward.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I can't imagine the BC 100 mounted forward.

In a recent video where they interviewed Chris himself on his new 120 and 100 skis, they talked about mounting points. They have a -6cm back of center “all mountain line” on the 100 and Chris himself skis it at +4 or 2cm back of center. The other Atomic skiers in the video said they mounted their Chetler 100 at “center of sidecut” which they said was -3cm back of center or 3cm forward of the all mountain line. The Chetler 120 recommended line is 2.9cm back of center and they all mounted that ski on the recommended line.

Most all mountain freestyle/free ride skis mount in the -2cm to -6cm back from center range area so that’s typical for this type of ski. Closer to center if you ski just in the park, middle of the range if you ski park/all mountain(like myself) and further back if you just ski out of the park.

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Im just an old fart and hate how center mounted skis ski. I understand the principle completely, and respect anyone's decision to mount a ski anywhere they want... except the bases.

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Im just an old fart and hate how center mounted skis ski. I understand the principle completely, and respect anyone's decision to mount a ski anywhere they want... except the bases.

lol

I'm the old man screaming "get off my lawn" on the freestyle forums when I suggest mounting directional freestyle skis on their Recommended lines and not on the ski center line so that the ski can actually still carve a turn so I feel your pain. haha

Just wish manufactures of all mountain freestyle skis would just have one mark for "All Mountain" use and one for "Freestyle" use like Armada/Faction or just one mark for "intended use" like some others do. Find having ski center marks on skis like they often do with even directional park skis is just asking for people to mount it there when they shouldn't or confusing them with 10 different mounting line options back from center.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thru google I was looking at powder 7’s preview of the 2019 blizzard lineup and for some reason there was a Pugski sticker on one of them , wonder how that got there ???

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thru google I was looking at powder 7’s preview of the 2019 blizzard lineup and for some reason there was a Pugski sticker on one of them , wonder how that got there ???
We are everywhere. Link please?

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
C96BBD00-CC5D-491E-A97E-A7BAC17868ED.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online