• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Snap On Mini Ductor?

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have used it at work on heavy equipment. Safer than using a torch, especially around sensitive wiring and oily things. I would imagine it will soften the epoxy as you heat the screw. Maybe not a bad thing?

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Safer than using a torch, especially around sensitive wiring and oily things. I would imagine it will soften the epoxy as you heat the screw.

Was thinking of using it around the driver, actually.

Maybe not a bad thing?

This was my thought.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm on about, it's an open-air transformer set up to induce eddy current heating. Thus:

http://www.theinductor.com/induction-heating-products/mini-ductor/models/md-venom

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Just heat the screw with a soldering gun to soften the epoxy, then hit it with the Pozzi Drive.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Just heat the screw with a soldering gun to soften the epoxy, then hit it with the Pozzi Drive.

I don't think you realize how fast and how much this thing heats. It heats much faster than any resistance-based soldering gun. And the screwdriver makes better contact to the screw than a gun tip can.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
I don't think you realize how fast and how much this thing heats. It heats much faster than any resistance-based soldering gun. And the screwdriver makes better contact to the screw than a gun tip can.

Well........you gotta' do what you gotta' do! Anyway, once you heat that glue stuff up whatever it is Loctite etc, you can let it cool and it usually loosens the bond enough to then remove whatever.

Sponsor

Staff online