• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Smith Photochromic: worth the premium?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought about it, but for now the Photochromic is taking the place of the Everyday lens. Maybe I'll add the green or violet Everyday to the quiver. I definitely love the 4D Mag.

Violet is very nice copper tint but beware of the Green-super strong rose tint. I love it but some don’t like it.
What is the base of the photochromic? Gray?

As for 4d Mag, after trying Oakleys, Anons and whatnot I decided the Smith is unbeatable overall, all things considered.

Kahuna

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the Julbo lightyear reactiv 0-4. 7-80% VLT. Fantastic goggle with the pop out venting capability. I am now a one lens man.

Kindbuzz

Booting up
Skier
I have used a Glade Optics Adapt Photochromatic for the past two seasons. I rather like them 80% of the time in New England (tons of flat light here) and I never have fogging issues. 10% of the time that the light is dreadfully flat I'll go with a trusty old yellow lense. Then the 10% of the time it's sunny and really bright, I wish I had something better, but just deal with it and squint more.

Also bought a Glade Optics Boundary Helmet this past summer. Great fit for me
Same here and with the zeal version
The 20 percent of that time where they are less then ideal is for me way better then swapping lenses

May be just me but I hate hate swapping lenses. More more thing to remember to bring with me

Sponsor