• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Time to get a new helmet. (or I just want too). Current helmet is Smith and have had it for at least 3-4 years. No complaints with it. Being a ski patroller, it's hard not to go with Smith again.

So what does Pret give me that Smith doesn't?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Time to get a new helmet. (or I just want too). Current helmet is Smith and have had it for at least 3-4 years. No complaints with it. Being a ski patroller, it's hard not to go with Smith again.

So what does Pret give me that Smith doesn't?
Light weight. While I have been happy with Smith over the years. The light weight of the Pret is really nice.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I see the closest dealer is 60 miles and will probably be at that shop in 2 weeks for ski swap deals. Will have to try them on.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Long time patroller and Smith helmet user here. I just bought the new Quantum helmet, it's NICE! While I haven't skied in it yet it fits fantastic and is lighter than the Vantage it is replacing. While I have zip for experience with Pret helmets, I feel like the Quantum might give them a run in the lightweight department

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
In addition to lightweight, Smith helmets, no matter which one, always pushed my goggles down. Pret does not do that. Try them on for sure, as you can't go wrong either way. I just know I prefer Pret by a lot.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I want to like Pret, I keep trying them on when I can find something other than small sizes but so far they just don't fit me.

rustypouch

Getting on the lift
Skier
Better pro deals? I don't know about for patrollers, but Smith's CSIA pro deal kind of sucks.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I want to like Pret, I keep trying them on when I can find something other than small sizes but so far they just don't fit me.

That's the way helmets are, for sure.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I wore a Smith Variant Brim for a long time. Liked it, with a couple minor complaints. It fit my oval head well. I'm now in a Pret, which fits me equally well. What I like better about the new helmet is the liner. It stays in place better, and it seems to be some kind of wool blend, which is extremely cozy but not too hot in spring.

Magoo

Putting on skis
Inactive
I started wearing a Pret year and half ago. The effect X just fits my peanut head so well. Funny thing. Last day without a helmet was when i took this profile pic.

Sponsor