• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Smith Forefront 2 may be my next helmet

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I got a new Specialized helmet with a ponytail port three years ago, and it fits great.
IMHO the only downside is that its not MIPS, which is why I'm leaning toward getting a new helmet before I get too deep into the riding season.

Thanks to marty for starting the helmet safety thread to plant the seed

While at Interbike last year, I had the chance to try on several helmets, getting a feeling of a handful that have a really good fit for me.
The one I'm leaning toward is the Smith Forefront 2.
Features I really like about this new design are
  • MIPS
  • New placement of Koroyd to improve venting
  • Sunglasses notch to stow your sunglasses when you don't need them on your face.
  • Adjustable visor.
  • I tried it on with a ponytail and it fits!
IMG_0203.jpg

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I’ve got both the Forefront 2 & Rover. I actually prefer the Rover due to how it fits with my glasses. I know all my RX sunglasses fit with the Rover, but I know I can only use 1 of my RX sunglasses with the Forefront.

Both helmets are great though.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I really like the sunglass component, especially since I no longer wear goggles, this is just perfect. That said I love my Smith Valence with MIPS I just got but for my next helmet this one looks like a winner.... Great color too.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I love my Forefront...and when it dies or it's time to replace, I already plan on replacing it with the Forefront 2. I love the adjust-ability of it...I am in the gray area of needing a small or a medium in almost every helmet I've ever tried (bike, ski, hockey, lacrosse...), and the large adjustment range makes the medium fit perfectly. Not to mention how light weight it is.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love both my Smith Rover and Route helmets. I am contemplating the upgrade to MIPS for at least mountain biking given the concussion I had.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I wanted to try the Forefront 2 but couldn't find it in a MIPS version in the color I wanted locally and really wanted it before my race this weekend so I ended up with the Smith Session MIPS. I haven't tested it with my shades yet but it appears that I'll be able to store my sunglasses in it as well. My bike is black with royal blue and pink accents so the colors work well together.

upload_2019-5-20_10-29-54.png

upload_2019-5-20_10-30-41.png