• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slow Ski Shopping

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm looking for a ski that has some life at lower speeds and tighter turning radii, primarily on groomers. It will be used mostly on my annual trips to Sun Valley with my wife. The idea is to have some fun without getting to the bottom a lot sooner than she does.

I don't want to drain the Toy Fund for this, so I've been looking at the Blizzard Power 700 S in 174 (and I'm 6'2" and 195), which can be had for well under $400 with decent bindings.

Thoughts, etc. welcomed!

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
If you accept used skis in good conditions that would open up a lot of options.

I really liked the Head Supershape iRally I demod. Incredibly fun and not too demanding to pilot.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yes, the iRally. As I said a many times in the past, it makes a multitude of turn shapes at a multitude of speeds.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Yes, the iRally. As I said a many times in the past, it makes a multitude of turn shapes at a multitude of speeds.

177? Kind of in same boat (little lighter) and need something that doesnt have a 20m+ turn radius to make a trip to the mountains here worth it. thanks

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
177? Kind of in same boat (little lighter) and need something that doesnt have a 20m+ turn radius to make a trip to the mountains here worth it. thanks
177 will be fine and will have a TR in the 15M range.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
177 iRally sounds interesting. Tough to find any real bargains at the moment, though.

Thanks!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
How about the Head Revs. Surely can get those under $400.

Sponsor

Staff online