• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slow, grainy, amateurish video dump: Post Em!

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Inspired by a post from @SBrown on another thread and my inability to upload, I shall post an old grainy video of myself. It is from 3/26/94 and originally shot on Hi-8, then to VHS, played back undigitized on a monitor and re-shot with my phone, hence the extremely low quality. Fortunately it is also extremely short. I have others that I'll bludgeon you with later, might even get them cleaned up some. Post 'em if ya got 'em.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I like it.
I have a few hi-8 and VHS tapes, but no way to play them. The last VHS player in the house died a few years ago.. Actually, it is possible the video camera might still be able to play them ... I happen to know it is in the furthest corner of the bedroom closet behind stuff I never wear.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Beyond awesome @SBrown

You like that quick shot of ABasin at the beginning? Looks just the same. I guess I should list where all that was ... it was during winter 72/73, I got those red death traps for Christmas 72, I was 4. That was our yard in CO Springs, then footage driving across South Park, then my first ski day, at Copper Mountain.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
You like that quick shot of ABasin at the beginning? Looks just the same. I guess I should list where all that was ... it was during winter 72/73, I got those red death traps for Christmas 72, I was 4. That was our yard in CO Springs, then footage driving across South Park, then my first ski day, at Copper Mountain.

A Bay hasn't changed a bit! And I was almost positive that the resort skiing was at Copper. Is that the beginner area skier's right of American Eagle?

Last edited:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor