• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 15-16: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
So, what is the least number of turns that you make on that junk to be able to call it a ski day?

You don't so much make turns, as the junk redirects you. Generally 5 or more redirects is my cut off.

We're gonna need a 16-17 thread very soon. Broke 30 days 2 years ago, 40 this year, and hoping 50 in 16-17.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Me too, lol!

But oh that was horrid. I'll quit at 47 if I have to do that again.
At least we had that sweet slalom run that some kind soul created at the beginning of September. Otherwise.....

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
So, what is the least number of turns that you make on that junk to be able to call it a ski day?

You have to ski it to the bottom because it is so bad. The boy in the pic below never gives up on skis, and he did about 50 yards from the end. We ran into a couple where the guy was on month 84 and he was skiing some Icelandics that weren't all that much longer than snowblades. Much smarter than getting whipped around on long powder skis.

I think there were still some remnants of the slalom? Some of the troughs were smooth and wide enough to at least resemble a bump turn or two.

image.jpeg

I managed to link three semi-reasonable turns at one point. And then I fell over.

But isn't the informal rule 12 turns? (of any quality)?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With NEW snow hitting the ground
and pumpkin latte's abound,
Chez Ziggy just got a new shed
So I think it's time to start the 2016-17 thread!

Check it out HERE:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online