• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slopesquad 15-16: How many days so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ That looks nice. I'll be there Sunday.

Yesterday on Boreas Pass was day 93.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier

image.jpeg

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Did I ever post in this thread?

My goal every year is to break 60+ days. I've been pretty good these last years, making that goal and bettering it considerably, with the exception of the two years when I had season-ending injuries (right shoulder both times, scapula and clavicle year one, and humerus year two, but thankfully not rotator cuff destruction). I get a seasonal rental for 6 months up in NH, drive 3+ hours to it from home near Boston, and ski from that rental at the mountain where I teach and at other mountains somewhere within a day's driving distance when I don't.

Given New England's shorter season (3 1/2 months, give or take), to get that 60 days I have to ski 4 days per week, most weeks. My family does not ski, so Christmas break is not included, and I have a job, so a full week during ski season doesn't work either.

Last winter, which was quite unfulfilling (understatement) weather-wise here in NE (worst ski season on record), the weather allowed me to get 59 days. I did not make my goal, even without an injury stopping me... Too many of my potential ski days featured HEAVY RAIN in the forecast, and with a 3+ hour drive to get there to ski, I cancelled. Had I chosen to go up and get a few (very few) runs in during the rainy days, I could have gotten my 60. In some cases, I regretted not going.

It was a sad, sad season. It's affected my outlook on this upcoming season. I hope Mother Nature is kind to us skiers this winter.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
It appears I"m going to let my streak end at 22 months. Work and weather worked against me for August. Ya, I know today's the 31st. More pressing things to be done. I'm still hanging at 97 days on the year. I'm also trying to get some more days of biking and sailing in. Time will tell if I hit 100 by the end of September.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It appears I"m going to let my streak end at 22 months. Work and weather worked against me for August
:(
I feel fortunate that I got my August ski day early in the month. The last couple of weeks have been rough. Hope to get my September ski day in next Tuesday.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
:(
I feel fortunate that I got my August ski day early in the month. The last couple of weeks have been rough. Hope to get my September ski day in next Tuesday.

I believe a bunch of us are heading to St. Mary's on Tuesday! Could just be the greatest day ever! :daffy:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I believe a bunch of us are heading to St. Mary's on Tuesday! Could just be the greatest day ever! :daffy:

The 6th? Keep me posted. I've never been to St. Marys and if I could crack 100 for the year that'd be sweet.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 77, month 36!
IMG_20160906_113946796_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160906_122218209_HDR.jpg

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So, what is the least number of turns that you make on that junk to be able to call it a ski day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online