• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slop/play in demo bindings

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In finally putting a coat of storage wax on our skis, I discovered that there is play in the interface where the toe-piece goes on the rail that allows it to be slid back and forth to accommodate different size boots. Where the plate attaches to the ski is solid, as is the heel piece.

It is especially noticeable on the Tyrolia Aatack 11 demo bindings on my Laser AXs. After
I noticed it on my skis, I discovered that my DH has Marker demo bindings (I have no idea why) on his narrow skis and they have a much smaller amount of play in the same place.

Is this normal and just something one has to live with when using demo bindings?

If not, what to do? I could replace the binding, especially now that I know where I like them, but that is an obvious expense and likely means putting extra holes in the skis - poor things. Is it possible to actually fix this, to make the interface more secure?

I have a short video but can't seem to upload an MP4 file or to embed it from Dropbox. so here is a link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjjw56rx8pb2mlw/20190622_150603.mp4?dl=0

Thank you!

TS
Jerez

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you @Phil. That was it!! These are my first demo bindings and I had no clue. Much relieved.

Sponsor

Staff online