• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slickrock at risk

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Hey, what's going on with all those abandoned AB wells?
That's a frickin disaster in slow-motion. And there's a lot of Provincial politics involved..things are great when they're great, right? People made a lot of money, now the price of oil goes down and companies who were supposed to clean up the mess declare bankruptcy and are off the hook. So who pays? That's right, the taxpayers of Canada, whom Alberta doesn't want anything to do with. I think we held back like $10m in securities for well and oil sands clean up and the bill is going to be something like $260 billion...that's right, with a B...

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Slickrock Trail-related leases have been pulled from consideration.

My (very small) firm joined an industry group that expressed opposition to them.

I'd at least like to THINK that helped -- but I suspect the governor's opposition might have played a bigger role. ;)

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Slickrock Trail-related leases have been pulled from consideration.

My (very small) firm joined an industry group that expressed opposition to them.

I'd at least like to THINK that helped -- but I suspect the governor's opposition might have played a bigger role. ;)
Thank you!! Utah's public lands are under constant attack by oil and gas and other mining operations.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you!! Utah's public lands are under constant attack by oil and gas and other mining operations.

Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, BLM land around Moab....I’ve spent over 8 summers camping and hiking there. These spaces are near and dear to my heart and it saddens me to think that people see only $$$, not beauty, in these wild areas. Edward Abbey would be heartbroken.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, BLM land around Moab....I’ve spent over 8 summers camping and hiking there. These spaces are near and dear to my heart and it saddens me to think that people see only $$$, not beauty, in these wild areas. Edward Abbey would be heartbroken.
Oh yes, that area is beautiful! I think it's a totally different mindset that sees only $$$ and it's not a mindset I share.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My guess is they were busting the gov's .. until he supported the incumbent. The moab lands were removed days after said support was given.

Sponsor