• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sleepers Awake (no classic rock, we've enough of that in What if)

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone else see this duet by Kacey Musgraves and Willie Nelson doing Rainbow Connection at CMA's the other night? Willie's health has taken a turn for the worse lately and he's in really bad shape. He gave a very gutsy performance while fighting for every breath. I think he has emphysema and/or pneumonia? Kacey did a nice job toning things down to sing with him.

On social issues I'm about 180 degs out from Willie, but I'm a big fan of his songwriting and musicianship. Hate to see his time running out. When he goes they'll definitely have to put his guitar in a museum. Trigger is about as iconic as a musical instrument gets!

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Speaking of Trigger.

Anyone else see this duet by Kacey Musgraves and Willie Nelson doing Rainbow Connection at CMA's the other night? Willie's health has taken a turn for the worse lately and he's in really bad shape. He gave a very gutsy performance while fighting for every breath. I think he has emphysema and/or pneumonia? Kacey did a nice job toning things down to sing with him.

On social issues I'm about 180 degs out from Willie, but I'm a big fan of his songwriting and musicianship. Hate to see his time running out. When he goes they'll definitely have to put his guitar in a museum. Trigger is about as iconic as a musical instrument gets!

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Folk songs!

When I first heard this song I already knew the story from reading Norman Maclean's book, "Young Men and Fire" I wondered, for years, if the song writer, James Keelaghan, had read that book as well, or if he was just using the same subject matter. Recently I learned that he had indeed read Maclean's book which then inspired this beautiful song. There are many versions; this by Cry Cry Cry is my favorite.

Sponsor

Staff online