• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sleepers Awake (no classic rock, we've enough of that in What if)

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier

I'm going to see The XX at Red Rocks on Oct 9th. Pretty damn stoked.

My season of killer concerts continues despite missing Jose Gonzales at Denver Botanic Gardens due to a business trip and Ben Folds (lower stoke, but I was invited) due to the freaking flu from a second business trip.

We saw Chevelle on July 31st at The Filmore, which just completely kicked ass and was a much needed catharsis...

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Banks on Sept 15th. Awesome. It's so sad there's just nothing worth seeing except old dudes from the 60's and 70's.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
And last night Glass Animals & The Ogden. This show was probably the biggest gap of any show I have ever seen in expectations to experience. The TLDR is see these guys if you can. It was incredible.

Glass Animals is a weird, fluid, chill, and earbuggy band, and live they are high octane - watching the lead singer, Dave Bayley, the weirdness and restraint on album being fully coiled high energy live suddenly makes sense. It's hard to get an iPhone to capture this, because the omnipresent electronic bass overwhelms the phone audio.

Gooey here, mid-audience, until a return to the stage. My two older boys and a couple of their friends were a couple rows back from the stage where Bayley returns from the audience. My wife and I had the best "seats" in the house front row a level 10' back.

Last edited:
TS
neonorchid

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thx @nay. Glass Animals are playing the Filmore next Friday, tix are still available, and the floor is general admissionogsmile

Sponsor

Staff online