• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SLC repair shop recommendation

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve had an awesome couple of days on my Stormrider 95s at Alta and Snowbird the last couple of days. I unfortunately hit a lightly covered rock pretty hard late yesterday and have a smallish core shot as a result.

I’d usually fix this myself (base weld using a flat tipped soldering iron with metal grip and ptex ribbon), but I’m away from home so that’s not an option.

I’m going to use another set of skis today. I would prefer to be on the stormriders again for tomorrow, but don’t want to use them without a proper repair to avoid water getting into the core.

Any recommendations for shops at Alta or Snowbird or close to Sandy / Cottonwood Heights area that will do the repair the right way? I don’t want to put it in to be fixed only to have someone drip a ptex candle into the core shot and call it good.

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
No experience with repairs there but I stumbled upon a fascinating little shop called the Sport Loft in SLC. Family business that is practically hidden so I assume they must get a lot of repeat and word of mouth business.

TS
Wade

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks all. Got a recommendation for Deep Powder House at Alta which is pretty convenient, so will drop them in there.

Sponsor

Staff online